To export the Gantt chart as a PDF, select the printer icon at the top of the screen while viewing the Gantt chart. You can then select Save as PDF as the destination in your print project.
Save as PDF in MS Project 2010 Go to the File menu and click Save As. Enter a filename: and select PDF File (* .pdf) from the Type: drop-down menu. Click “Save”.
Exercise n. 1 on the Microsoft Project Gantt chart
- Click File> click Options> click Customize Band.
- In the right column under Main Tabs, right-click the tab where you want to add the Gantt Chart Wizard button and select Add New Group.
- The new section appears as New (custom) group.
Export project data from the project desktop to Excel
- Choose File> Export> Save Project As File and, under Other File Types, double-click Microsoft Excel Workbook.
- In the Save As dialog box, choose a location for the workbook.
- Enter the name you want in the File Name box and select Save.
- Choose Next to get started.
Export the Gantt chart
- You can do this by clicking in the task pane.
- In the left pane under Reports, select Export Gantt Chart.
- After selecting it, you will have the option to choose the type of export you want.
- Note: Exported file types are.
A Gantt chart is a horizontal bar chart developed in 1917 by Henry L. Gantt, an American engineer and social scientist, as a production control tool. Often used in project management, a Gantt chart provides a graphical representation of a timeline that allows you to plan, coordinate, and track specific tasks in a project.
- On the Project tab, in the Reports group, click Visual Reports.
- In the Visual Reports dialog box, click Save Data.
- Click Save Database.
- Navigate to the location where you want to save the database, then click Save. The data is saved as a Microsoft Office Access database file (.mdb).
To export your project to a PowerPoint presentation, open the Export tab and then select Microsoft PowerPoint. The Export to Microsoft PowerPoint dialog opens, containing export options.
Copy and paste from Word, Outlook or PowerPoint into the project
The Project Online desktop client can be used as a standalone application or connected to Project Online. The Project Online desktop client is the subscription version of the Project Professional desktop client and is available in the Project Piano 3 and Project Piano 5 subscriptions
On the File tab, click Print and then click Page Setup. Click the Page tab. Select the scaling option you want to use. Print your project.
Open the PDF in Acrobat and choose Tools> Export PDF. The various formats to which the PDF file can be exported will be displayed. Click Image, then select the image file format in which you want to save the images. Select the format in which you want to save the exported images.
This is a free and convenient online viewer for MS Project (.mpp) files. Go to the page, drag and drop the mpp file onto the site and you can directly view (but not edit) the project file.
Follow these steps in Acrobat X …
You cannot open or import an MPP file in Excel. You will need to use an MPP to XLS converter or use a viewer to copy and paste the project information into Excel.
Importing Excel Data into Project
To create a Gantt chart like our example showing the task progress in days:
Gantt charts are useful for planning and project planning. They help you estimate the duration of a project, determine the resources you need, plan the order in which you will complete tasks, and are also useful for resolving dependencies between tasks.