Energy saving during transport is not only possible, but also necessary. Did you know that the transport sector accounts for around 40% of the country’s final energy consumption and emits more than 20% of its carbon dioxide emissions into the climate responsible for climate change?
While it’s best to get around using public transit, on foot, or by bike, good driving habits can improve these numbers when you absolutely must get a car.
How can you save energy through efficient driving?
As a good driver, it’s not just about reaction time or agility when maneuvering, but now you also have to know what efficient driving is.
To save energy while driving, you need to receive new propensities. There were innovations in the vehicles that were not taken into account in the “traditional” driving style.
How can you drive efficiently?
- To start walking: in gasoline-powered cars this must be done immediately. In diesel, wait a few seconds.
- When beginning the engine: don’t press the quickening agent. This avoids wasting energy.
- When driving: to optimize fuel, it is preferable to move in the highest gears and at low speed, even in town, and always within the speed limits.
To change speed:
- In gasoline engines, it is recommended to change gear when it reaches 2000 - 2500 rpm. In diesel engines, operating between 1,500 and 2,000 rpm.
- You must go from second to third from 30 km / h; from third to fourth, from 40 km / h to fifth when we are driving above 50 km / h. It is essential to accelerate slightly after changing gears.
- Moderate speed: When you exceed 100 km / h, the fuel consumption increases.
- To slow down: Instead of braking, it is better to take your foot off the accelerator and let the vehicle drive in gear.
- If braking is required: Do it slowly and gradually, downshifting as late as possible. However, when possible and the distance is sufficient, it is best to stop the car without first downshifting.
- Maintain a safety distance: in addition to ensuring safety, it allows you to anticipate braking, which will be smoother.
- If you stay still for a long time, good for the engine.
It is likewise critical to take note of that vehicle upkeep impacts fuel utilization. Therefore, in addition to applying effective driving techniques, it is necessary to conduct periodic examinations of the car. Monitoring the engine’s excellent condition, levels, filters and tire pressure influences fuel consumption and increases safety while driving.
It is not efficient driving:
• Wait stopped with the engine running. It doesn’t give points of interest, and it just burns-through energy.
• Drive utilizing first stuff, which is demonstrated distinctly for beginning.You should change to second straightaway or whenever you have voyaged six meters.
• Driving in impartial, or hitting brakes, increasing speeds, and changes when it is superfluous, fuel is squandered.
Some interesting figures about driving
Do you know…?
• When driving over 20 km / h with gear engaged, if you do not press the accelerator, fuel consumption is zero. On the contrary, at idle, the vehicle consumes from 0.4 to 0.9 liters / hour.
• A single car at 4,000 rpm makes the same noise as 32 cars at 2,000 in the afternoon.
• If you move objects outside of the vehicle, more excellent resistance is generated and more fuel consumption occurs.
• Driving with the windows closed is not recommended as it creates more drag and consumes more.
• Using air conditioning significantly increases fuel consumption: a temperature of 23-24ºC is recommended for well-being.
Especially if you are in the transportation business https://rccautotransport.com regularly and regularly drive, you should spare 2 minutes to read.