How to get detergent stains out of clothes

How to get detergent stains out of clothes

What detergent is said to clean clothes the best? Best Detergents 1. Persil Proclean Stain Fighter. When it comes to detergents, everyone needs two things: a detergent. 2. Detergent pump. The method changed the way you wash with the Method wash ■■■■. 3. Pods Tide Coldwater 4in1.

Why do I get white residue on clothes after washing?

The reason for the appearance of white deposits may be that the washing machine is overloaded and there is not enough water to flow through the fabrics. In this case, wash the clothes again, but divide them into several small loads and adjust the correct water level according to the instructions for use of the washing machine.

Why do my clothes come out of washing machine with stains?

A third possible reason why your washing machine can stain your clothes is hard water. Certain chemicals, minerals and contaminants in water can leave visible marks on clothing. Most municipal water supplies contain at least some contaminants, which is normal.

What can you use to wash clothes instead of detergent?

Vinegar. Vinegar can be made from almost any fruit or sweet substance. It is produced in a distillation process where the substance is fermented above the alcohol content. Baking powder. Baking soda is an effective alternative to commercial detergents. Three quarters of a glass of baking soda will help clean a full load of laundry. Dishwasher soap. Dish soap can be used as a convenient alternative to washing powder, but be careful not to overuse it. Vodka. If the clothes are not dirty and just need to be cleaned, this problem can be solved. No, that doesn't mean vodka will clean your clothes.

What is the best high efficiency laundry detergent?

According to independent research from ABC News, Wisk Deep Clean performed best among traditional and high-end brands. Wisk is also Consumer Reports' pick for the best laundry detergents and has been a popular brand for years for its stain-removing properties.

What is the best detergent brand?

Persil ProClean TwoInOne has proven to be the best laundry detergent Consumer Reports has ever tried. It outperformed two other consumer-recommended cleaners, Tide Plus Ultra Stain Release and Tide HE Plus Bleach Alternative.

:diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside: What is the best laundry detergent for eczema?

Inorganic clothing is generally considered a good cleanser for eczema. The (especially dry) skin of people with eczema is less prone to irritation.

:brown_circle: What is the best laundry detergent for men?

• The 7 Best Laundry Detergents For Men
  • Frey.
  • HeroClean laundry detergent.
  • Parsley Pro Clean.
  • Good Home Natural Liquid Detergent (Pure Herb).
  • HEX Performance laundry bags.
  • The Fresh Wave clothing enhancer to remove odors.
  • Distinctive.

How to get mud out of clothes

:diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside: What detergent is said to clean clothes the best time

Purex is a cheaper washing powder and liquid detergent that works well for lightly soiled items. Woolite is a mild detergent ideal for delicate fabrics, sweaters to wash hands and protect flowers from fading.

:eight_spoked_asterisk: Which is the best detergent to remove body stains?

Gain is another mediocre cleanser that removes light dirt and stains from the body. The clothes have a very strong odor, but stains remain. Gain does not contain the amount of enzymes needed to remove stubborn stains, especially oil and dye stains.

Which is the best seventh generation laundry detergent?

All ingredients in Seventh Generation products are herbal and formulated with the enzymes needed to clean clothes. Tide is an iconic laundry brand that is highly effective at removing everyday stains and body stains.

:eight_spoked_asterisk: How can I make my laundry detergent smell better?

Just shake a few scented pearls on the lid (a little for a milder scent, a lot for a stronger scent), toss them in the drum at the beginning of the washing process (before wash, detergent and fabric softener). ) and wait for your clothes to smell better than ever.

What are white spots on clothes after washing?

Soap powder. One possible reason for white spots on clothes in a washing machine is when the detergent is poured directly onto the clothes in the tub and not into the detergent dispenser.

What is this white residue on my clothing?

• Hard water White sediment can be a side effect of hard water, but it can also be a hard feeling that is most noticeable when clothes are air dried.
  • Powder detergent. If the detergent does not dissolve properly, it can leave stains on your clothes.
  • He filled the washing machine.
  • Dirty washing machine.

What causes white stains on dark clothes?

• Antiperspirant. Antiperspirants contain aluminum salts that help prevent sweating, but unfortunately this substance also leaves white marks on dark clothes.
  • Toothpaste. Toothpaste can stain clothes.
  • Soap powder.
  • Sweat.

:brown_circle: Why do i get white residue on clothes after washing my hair

1 hard water. White sediment can be a side effect of hard water, but it can also be a hard feeling that is most noticeable when clothes are air dried. 2 washing powders. If the detergent does not dissolve properly, it can leave stains on your clothes. 3 soft rings. 4 dirty washing machines.

:diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside: Why does my washing machine leave residue on my clothes?

More is not always better. Using too much detergent can stain clothes. This is especially true for high-quality washing machines. These washing machines use significantly less water than standard washing machines during wash and rinse cycles.

:diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside: How can I get white residue out of my washing machine?

Remove the dispensers and rinse them with a solution of two cups of hot water mixed with half a cup of distilled white vinegar. If the dispensers cannot be removed, fill each dispenser with hot distilled white wine vinegar and let it sit for at least 30 minutes. Finally, do a short wash without clothes in the drum to empty the dispensers.

Why does laundry detergent leave Blue Streaks on clothes?

If you see blue streaks, you are adding detergent at the wrong time. NEVER pour detergent directly on dry clothes and NEVER throw the bag on a load. Place the laundry in an empty drum before adding to distribute the product evenly in the water.

What can you use to remove soap residue from clothes?

When added to a rinse cycle, it helps remove soap scum. If you are washing again to remove the white foam, add 1/2 cup of white vinegar to the rinse cycle.

How to get tomato sauce out of clothes

What to do with white residue on laundry detergent?

Remove all detergent dispensers and rinse with warm water mixed with 1/2 cup white distilled vinegar. Make sure it's not apple cider vinegar. When the collectors are not removable. Fill each dispenser with clean, warmed distilled white wine vinegar and let it sit for 30 minutes.

:eight_spoked_asterisk: Why do I get Lint on my clothes when I wash them?

If the water comes out of the washing machine too slowly, fluff, undissolved detergent and dirt can build up on your clothes. Many newer washing machines have a small door on the bottom of the washing machine to access the filter located just above the water pump.

Why do i get white residue on clothes after washing machine

overload. The reason for the appearance of white deposits may be that the washing machine is overloaded and there is not enough water to flow through the fabrics. In this case, wash the laundry again, but divide it into several small loads and adjust the correct water level according to the instructions for use of the washing machine.

:eight_spoked_asterisk: Does vinegar whiten clothes?

Using inexpensive distilled white wine vinegar to wash without harsh chemicals makes clothes whiter, lighter, reduces odors and makes clothes softer. Vinegar is safe for use in standard and heavy-duty washing machines and is beneficial to wastewater treatment plants and the environment.

How To Get Acrylic Paint Out Of Clothes?

Why is washing machine getting rust on my clothes?

Common reasons a washing machine stains your clothes. Oil residues from the previous wash remain in the washing drum. Grease or oil from freshly laundered clothes can build up in the washing drum. Enamel from the washing machine or dispenser peels off, leaving brown or red marks. Peeling enamel paint can cause rust stains on clothing. If there is too much fabric softener in the drum, it will stain.

:eight_spoked_asterisk: Why are my clothes staining in my washing machine?

This oil generally stays locked in a separate compartment, but it's not uncommon for some of it to leak into the drum. In this case, you may notice small dark spots on some clothes after taking them out of the washing machine. Because the oil cannot be washed off with water, stains often remain, even after several washes.

:eight_spoked_asterisk: Why do clothes come out of my washer with black streaks?

Do you have black stripes on your clothes? This could indicate a problem with the washer seal, especially if you have a front loader. Mold often develops when water doesn't dry around a faulty seal and stains on contact with clothing.

Why are my clothes coming out of the washer with oil on them?

The rubber parts of your machine can break and wear out in places, causing oil and grease to leak from the machine into the drum. Because this oil does not dissolve in water, it will settle on your clothes. In this case, it is better to call a mechanic to inspect the machine.

Dawn Dish Soap Stained My Shirt

:diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside: Why does my washing machine have rust stains?

This is more likely if you leave the garment in the washing machine for a while after washing, but it can also happen during the washing itself. One way to check for rust stains is to remove them while they are fresh and before putting your clothes in the dryer.

:eight_spoked_asterisk: Why do my clothes come out of washing machine with stains on floor

You can usually clean this area by scrubbing it with a small dish brush or an old toothbrush. Once you've cleaned the pad, if that's the cause of the problem, you shouldn't stain your clothes. A third possible reason why your washing machine can stain your clothes is hard water.

Why does my Samsung washer have yellow stains?

Yellow, orange or red spots can be caused by iron or manganese in plumbing or corroded water heaters and pipes. The most common cause of this stain is the water supply in the house. The washing machine rarely leaves these marks.

Why do my clothes come out of washing machine with stains on bottom

Washing machines can stain clothes in several ways, including spilled oil. Many modern washing machines contain oil to lubricate bearings and internal parts. This oil generally stays locked in a separate compartment, but it's not uncommon for some of it to leak into the drum.

Why are there stains on my washer dispenser?

If the spots are reddish, it could be due to oxidation of the enamel flakes in the drum or dispenser. Many washing machine manufacturers offer drum replacement options. If you want to fix the situation yourself, try sanding the chips and then painting with rust-resistant paint.

Why do my clothes come out of washing machine with stains on carpet

Once you've cleaned the pad, if that's the cause of the problem, you shouldn't stain your clothes. A third possible reason why your washing machine can stain your clothes is hard water. Certain chemicals, minerals and contaminants in water can leave visible marks on clothing.

:eight_spoked_asterisk: Why do clothes come out of my washer with stains?

Problem: Clothes wash well, but stains, tears or holes remain. Bleach Stains: Never pour bleach directly onto the fabric. If you're adding bleach, mix it with a gallon of water before putting it in the washing machine. Bleach dispensers can leak at the wrong time and leave undiluted bleach on your clothes.

How can I get stains out of my washer?

Remove irritating stains from your washing machine by cleaning dirt around the top and the agitator. Then start a washing program with a special cleaner. Stains that fade later often indicate a dirty washing machine. There is a tendency for dirt to accumulate in some areas of the washing machine.

Why do my clothes get grease marks when I wash them?

If there are grease stains on your clothes after the first wash and they will be washed in the next wash, don't despair. Detergent and fabric softener can get stuck under the agitator or on the top rim of the laundry basket.

:eight_spoked_asterisk: Why do my clothes come out of washing machine with stains on water

A third possible reason why your washing machine can stain your clothes is hard water. Certain chemicals, minerals and contaminants in water can leave visible marks on clothing.

Why are my clothes coming out of the washer with stains?

If mold is the problem, it could be more your fault than anything else that happens to the machine. Small mold spots, such as from a window or bathroom ceiling, can form on wet clothes after washing. It all depends on how long you leave them in the car. They all have.

Why does my washing machine have black stains?

Bleach stains are sometimes due to bleach, sometimes other causes, such as clothing stain remover. Even without a pen or ink, ink spots or streaks may appear. Black spots and blotches can be caused by oil or something else. Discoloration, such as chalk stains, especially on dark clothing.

How to smudge

:eight_spoked_asterisk: What causes water stains on light colored clothes?

Tip #2: You have hard water (iron and manganese) that accidentally leaves orange or yellow stains on light-colored fabrics, sometimes just one or two garments and no others. These stains usually appear when you wash them again with IronOut.

Why does my washer leave mineral deposits on my clothes?

Think of it like foam in the shower. Due to the small amount of water, the HE washing machine should be cleaned once a month and the standard washing machine at least twice a year. Hard water can react with detergents and leave mineral deposits on clothes.

:eight_spoked_asterisk: What can I use instead of laundry detergent?

1. Shampoo. Shampoo is the best alternative to traditional detergents. It can be used to remove dirt and clean fabrics. Shampoo is most effective when washed by hand and can form too much foam in a conventional washing machine if used incorrectly.

Can you wash clothes with no laundry detergent?

If you just run them without detergent during a wash, you can in some cases clean dirty clothes with just water. However, it only works on lightly soiled clothes. Have you ever been to a campsite?

How to get dried paint out of clothes

Can you use white vinegar as a laundry detergent?

Then you probably have a bottle of white wine vinegar at home. In addition to cooking, vinegar is a substance that you can easily use to clean many things. In many cases it has a disinfecting effect, making it suitable for use as a powder detergent.

:diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside: Why do people use laundry detergent to clean their clothes?

After all, clothes are nothing more than a chemical that effectively cleans dirty clothes. This is nothing new, because it is known that the Egyptians used such a homemade product for cleaning.

What can I use in my washing machine instead of detergent?

Vinegar is an alternative to easy-to-use natural detergents. You can use it in the washing machine to improve the brightness and whiteness of your clothes. The slightly acidic nature of vinegar is also great for removing stains from clothes. Goes well with white and colored clothes.

:diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside: What can you use to wash clothes instead of detergent in water

Baking soda is an abrasive that can remove dirt and stains from many surfaces, including clothing and fabrics. Use half a glass of baking soda to boost the action of the detergent, or a full cup if you're not using any detergent.

How to remove water stains from glass

How much vinegar do you use to wash clothes?

It is very easy to use vinegar during your regular wash. Just add half a cup of vinegar to the automatic detergent dispenser instead of washing powder. When washing delicate clothing, limit the amount of vinegar you use to about 23 tablespoons.

:diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside: Can you use baking soda in a washing machine?

Use half a glass of baking soda to boost the detergent's action, or a full cup if you're not using any detergent. Baking soda can be used for hand washing and in washing machines (although it is generally more effective in washing machines than for hand washing).

What can you use to wash clothes instead of detergent in dishwasher

The answer is no, because it contains bleach that can spoil the color of your clothes. If you don't have a washing machine, you can use baking soda or borax and even wash your house with borax, baking soda, and soap.

:diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside: Can you use dishwasher detergent to wash clothes?

Liquid dishwashing detergents such as Dawn are widely used for washing clothes by hand and removing stains. As a last resort, if you run out of soap, you can use dish soap with other products. This page is about washing with detergent.

Baking soda stain remover

:diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside: What's the difference between dish soap and laundry detergent?

Dishwasher detergents and washing powders differ mainly in their composition. Here are some examples. Sugary additives are only found in detergent soaps, depending on their chemical composition and use. Basically, they protect your skin from wear and tear.

:brown_circle: Can you use shampoo instead of dishwashing detergent?

Wash clothes with detergent. If you are in a hurry, you can use shampoo instead of dish soap. The shampoo is much less aggressive to your clothes. Whenever I need to do this, I add a tablespoon of baking soda to the shampoo to increase alertness.

:brown_circle: What can I use as a substitute for dishwasher detergent?

However, keep in mind that these substitutes will not provide the same cleaning performance as you would expect in a dishwasher when used on a daily basis. Known for its mild abrasive properties, baking soda is an excellent cleaning agent and helps control odors. Fill the detergent reservoir with baking soda and start the cleaning cycle as usual.

:eight_spoked_asterisk: What does the name washcloth mean?

Definition of a swipe. : cleansing cloth for face and body. Also called washcloth, washcloth.

How to wash white clothes

What is the plural of washcloth?

Noun, sweeps in plural /ˈwɒʃˌklɔðz, ˌklɒðz, ˌklɔθs, ˌklɒθs, ˈwɔʃ/. a small towel to wash your face or body.

:brown_circle: What is a baby wash cloth?

Baby wipes have been specially developed for the sensitive skin of babies. Using a washcloth instead of a regular glove can help to: Relieve irritation. scrub gently. Prevents relapses such as crib or eczema.

:diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside: What is a wash cloth?

Definition of a swipe. : Cloth used to wash face and body, also called kitchen towel.

:brown_circle: What can you use to wash clothes instead of detergent in laundry

Vinegar. Vinegar can be made from almost any fruit or sweet substance. It is produced in a distillation process where the substance is fermented above the alcohol content. Baking powder. Baking soda is an effective alternative to commercial detergents. Three quarters of a glass of baking soda will help clean a full load of laundry. Dishwasher soap. Dish soap can be used as a convenient alternative to washing powder, but be careful not to overuse it.

What are alternatives to laundry detergent?

To make a laundry detergent alternative, you'll need soap flakes, laundry detergent, and borax. Some people also like to use baking soda, especially laundry soap used for bleaching. Soap flakes can be bought in bulk from the store, but you can also buy and rub soap bars, or use homemade soap bars.

Is it necessary to use detergent for your laundry?

The detergent dissolves the fabric of the garment and removes dirt. Using only water does not work. You don't need a lot of detergent to clean your clothes, but it does take some time to remove dirt and oil. It is recommended to wash your clothes under running water.

:diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside: What is a good substitute for laundry soap?

Three quarters of a glass of baking soda will help clean a full load of laundry. It can be an expensive alternative, so it's best to use it as a temporary replacement until you get your regular laundry detergent. For a long-term replacement, you can easily make homemade laundry detergent from baking soda, a bar of soap, and water.

:brown_circle: How often to wash clothes

It turns out that some items need to be washed more than once a week, while others last longer between washes (hey, small gains). When it comes to clothes, you should actually wash them based on how often you've worn them, not how long. For example, jeans should be washed after every third use.

How to save time washing clothes?

• Wash less. The effect may seem the opposite, but washing less often will save you time in the end.
  • Treat stains immediately. Instead of leaving stained clothes in the basket until wash day, treat stains as soon as possible.
  • Invest in several baskets.
  • Check the labels every time you buy new clothes.

What is the best way to sort laundry?

The best way to sort your clothes is to use the multi-compartment basket sold by many major retailers for easy sorting. Instead of throwing dirty laundry on the pile, throw it in the right compartment and when it's full, you know you have enough for a full load.

What are the methods of washing of clothes?

10 Ways to Vacuum and Wash Clothes A vacuum cleaner is known to suck up dirt and dust. If you have a vacuum cleaner handy, you can use it to clean up dry dirt without spilling. scrape. Use a sharp object to scrape the dirt from the surface of the fabric. cleaned. Sponge. Look. freeze rinse. machine wash. Wash your hands.

:diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside: What can I use to make my clothes smell fresh?

The addition of enticing scents of eucalyptus, thyme, lavender and bergamot will leave your clothes smelling as fresh as any meadow. It is very easy to use vinegar during your regular wash. Just add half a cup of vinegar to the automatic detergent dispenser instead of washing powder.

Bubble Mixture Stains

What's the best way to wash laundry with vinegar?

Pour one cup of vinegar mixed with four cups of water directly onto soiled clothes in the washing machine, or simply pour the solution into the detergent drawer. Check each bag first to see if there is anything left in it.

What are the best washcloths?

Bamboo baby scrubbers are the best scrubs for cleansing, exfoliating and general skin care. Real. These wipes are made from organic materials. This means they are completely free of all the hazardous chemicals commonly found in mass-produced wipes.

Is a loofah better than a wash cloth?

Neither is necessary," says Dr. Majil. But if you do decide to buy one, wipes are much better than wipes if you only use the fabric once before washing. Both can harbor bacteria, but loofahs are much more prone to this when they have all the roughness.

:brown_circle: Do you use wash cloths?

Use a washcloth. The washcloth lathers poorly with soap and is not very effective at thoroughly cleansing the body. They are great for cleansing your face as the soft, clean cloth exfoliates naturally and helps remove ■■■■ skin cells, oil and dirt from your face.

What are the best soft towels?

According to their tests, the Hydrocotton QuickDrying Bath Towel from Pottery Barns is the best bath towel. It scored highest in its test and was super soft and super absorbent.

:diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside: How to get detergent stains out of clothes without

Hard water dust/stains can be removed from clothing using the same liquid detergent soak method described above. While powder detergents won't stain white or light-colored clothes, they can sometimes leave streaks that make them hard.

:eight_spoked_asterisk: What is the best way to remove stains from clothes?

Use detergents. Detergent is very effective against most stains, especially greasy and oily stains, such as food stains. The detergent is also safe for most fabrics. However, always check the label of soiled clothes and the type of detergent you are using.

:diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside: How do you get Jagermeister stains out of clothes?

By treating the stain quickly and using effective pre-treatments such as detergent, vinegar and stain remover, you can successfully remove Jägermeister from your clothes to keep them clean and new. Fill a bucket or sink with water, dish soap and white vinegar.

How can I get sweat stains off my clothes?

How to remove sweat stains from clothes Method 1 of 3: Use baking soda and hydrogen peroxide on white. Turn the clothing over and place it in a sink or basin. Method 2 of 3: Wash the paintings with white vinegar. Place your clothes upside down in a sink or large bowl. Method 3 of 3: Try lemon juice for a natural cleanse. Fill a glass with water and lemon juice.

What is the best stain removal product?

Vinegar is one of the best everyday stain removers. Try different formulas depending on the stain you are dealing with. For example, coffee and tea stains can be removed with equal parts white vinegar and water.

How do I get rid of laundry detergent stains?

To remove detergent stains from clothing: Rinse the stain with hot water to remove as much residue as possible. Gently squeeze the excess water from the item and place it on a flat surface. Apply household alcohol to the affected area, making sure it covers the entire affected area. Leave the stain on for at least 10 minutes, the longer the better.

:eight_spoked_asterisk: Which laundry detergent will not fade clothes?

Woolite Darks is one of the most popular laundry detergents to prevent fading of clothes. It is a relatively mild detergent and ideal for delicate laundry. However, this means that it is not particularly effective for cleaning heavily soiled laundry.

:eight_spoked_asterisk: Which laundry detergent works best on a grass stain?

Powdered laundry detergent was the first type of laundry detergent and is generally cheaper than its liquid, disposable counterparts. Detergents in this category are generally good at removing external stains such as dirt, clay or grass, making them ideal for kid's T-shirts, gardening tools and more.

What is the best laundry spot remover?

2019 Top 9 Clothing Stain Remover 9. Biokleen BacOut Stain & Odor Remover 8. Clorox Lestoil Heavy Duty Concentrated Cleaner 7. Resolve PreTreat Stain Stick 6. Grandma's Secret Stain Remover 5. Tide 0 Mini Instant Tache Remover 4. Shout Advanced Ultra Gel Brush 3. Spray a wash max.

:diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside: How to get detergent stains out of clothes hair

How do you remove brown, black or blue hair dye from clothes? Treat stains with liquid detergent, brush and rinse well. Soak in oxygen bleach.

:eight_spoked_asterisk: How do you get stains out of laundry detergent?

Fortunately, these stains are fairly easy to remove. Start by mixing 1 cup of vinegar with 1 liter of water in your sink or washing machine. Once it gets wet, put the dirty clothes in the tub and rub the dirty part of the clothes against yourself to release the detergent.

How to fix bleach stains

:eight_spoked_asterisk: How to remove hair dye stains from clothes, carpet or?

Fill a sink, tub, or bucket with cold water and add oxygen-based bleach (OxiClean, Nellies All Natural Oxygen Brightener, or OXO Brite) according to package directions. Soak the clothes and let them soak for at least eight hours or overnight.

:brown_circle: How to get rid of grease stains on clothes?

1 Moisten the affected area. 2 Use a small drop of liquid dishwashing liquid (preferably grease solvent) and scrub with a small, strong detergent. 3 If the stain persists the first time, repeat the process with more detergent and add more. 4 If you don't see any stains, wash the fabric in cold water.

How long to soak hair dye in Bleach?

Soak the fabric in bleach for no more than 15 minutes. Prolonged soaking can weaken the fabric. Treat the hair dye stain as soon as possible; the older the stain, the more difficult it is to remove. Red dye has a different composition and requires a different agent than other dyes.

Is it possible to get laundry detergent stains out of clothes?

Detergent stains are annoying, but they don't have to be permanent. Use your guide to learn how to remove detergent stains from clothes. Liquid detergent stains can appear if the detergent is not rinsed properly. Fortunately, these stains are fairly easy to remove.

How to get spaghetti sauce out of clothes

What can I use to remove the smell of laundry detergent?

Baking soda has long been used as an additive to remove odors from clothing. Baking soda is a good odor neutralizer that can help get rid of unpleasant underarm odors and the smell of washing powder.

What's the best way to remove tough odors from clothes?

To wash washable clothes, add a cup of baking soda and detergent to the wash cycle. Stir well and let the garment soak for at least an hour before finishing the wash. Add half a cup of distilled white vinegar to the final rinse. Hang freshly washed clothes outside to dry.

:eight_spoked_asterisk: Why do my clothes smell bad when I wash them?

While this washing, watering and drying technique can be helpful in removing musty odors from clothes, the smell of detergent can stick to the clothes too much and cause a detergent odor after washing.. In such cases you need washing tips to remove odors.