| This process will cost around $ 15 in your recreation lobby, depending on the size. If you’re looking to be budget conscious, it’s entirely possible to glue your puzzle together at home and you’ll find a puzzle-sized frame and frame it like a poster.
- Use this method to create a permanent decoration for your personal enjoyment.
- Find a frame that fits your puzzle.
- Cut a base to match the frame.
- Slide a layer of wax paper under the puzzle.
- Use a rolling pin to smooth the puzzle.
- Apply glue to the surface of the puzzle.
- Wait for the glue to dry.
- Turn the image you want to create into a puzzle and enlarge it to the size you want.
- Take a piece of thin cardboard (colored cardboard) the size of your photo.
- Glue the image to the paper with acid-free glue.
- Let the glue dry well.
- Model with a cutter or XActo knife.
$ 12 from Walmart, these poster frames work well for the typical 1000 pieces. My advice is to use the black spray paint on the back first so that each cardboard edge on the outside of the puzzle looks more beautiful. No glue required, just cut to size.
Many people like to frame finished puzzles for viewing. It is recommended to dry the puzzle before framing it (attaching it to a thick piece of sturdy foam board) so that the puzzle remains seamless and no pieces fall off. This process costs around $ 15 in your recreation lobby, depending on the size.
10 Amazing Things to Do with a Completed Puzzle
Apply glue to the back of the puzzle and let it dry.
Keep it together!
Mod Podge is available in a wide variety of finishes for all types of DIY and home improvement projects. The Mod Podge matte product dries transparently with a matte finish meaning it doesn’t shine. However, Mod Podge Gloss gives your project a glossy finish.
- MasterPieces Puzzle Glue for the best glue for preserving puzzles.
- Springbok puzzle glue.
- Sunsout Lim puzzle.
- Mega Puzzle SaveaPuzzle Lim.
- Petaloo Pro puzzle glue.
- Against Podge as a puzzle.
Place the poster in the frame and smooth out the creases. If you are using a mat, spread the poster evenly on the mat and glue it in the corners, top and bottom. Make sure it is in the right position, that it looks even, and that it is firm before you touch it. Put the frame back in place.
Masterpiece Puzzle Glue, 4 oz
To create a high quality puzzle that is safe to use on the front of the puzzle, mix equal parts of white Elmers glue and water in a glass container and shake evenly. There are other ways to make your own glue, including a flour dough.
One trick is to slide it onto a large piece of cardboard and then place another large piece of cardboard on it (use the parchment paper between the front of the puzzle and the cardboard to protect it) holding the two pieces firmly together. . and bring it back.
Start with a completed puzzle on a flat surface. Peel and tear off two or three pieces of wax paper that are 4 inches longer than the length of the puzzle. Lightly overlap each of the pieces of wax paper and glue the pieces of wax paper together along the longer side. Carefully slide the puzzle over the wax paper.
- Place the glued puzzle on the back plate, then use a pencil to lightly outline the dimensions of the puzzle.
- Use the ruler and razor blade to cut the foam sheet to cut a straight edge.
- Use the spray adhesive to glue the puzzle to the back plate in a well-ventilated area.