How To Delete Instagram Account

How To Delete Instagram Account? After you delete the account, you can’t sign up again with the same username or add that username to another account.

What Is Instagram?

Instagram is a free social networking service built around sharing photos and videos. It launched in October 2010 on iOS first and became available on Android in April 2012. Facebook purchased the service in April 2012 and has owned it since.

How To Temporarily Disable Your Instagram Account

If you temporarily disable your account, your profile, photos, comments, and likes will be hidden until you reactivate it by logging back in.

To temporarily disable your account:

1. Log into from a mobile browser or computer. You can’t temporarily disable your account from within the Instagram app.
  2. Tap or click your profile picture in the top right and then select Edit Profile.
  3. Scroll down, then tap or click Temporarily disable my account in the bottom right.
  4. Select an option from the drop-down menu next to Why are you disabling your account? and re-enter your password. The option to disable your account will only appear after you’ve selected a reason from the menu and entered your password.
  5. Tap or click Temporarily Disable Account.

You’ll need to log in to your account to temporarily disable it.

How To Delete Your Instagram Account?

When you delete the account, your profile, photos, videos, comments, likes, and followers will be permanently removed. If you’d just like to take a break, you can temporarily disable your account instead.

After you delete the account, you can’t sign up again with the same username or add that username to another account. We can’t reactivate deleted accounts.

For security reasons, we can’t delete an account for you. You’ll need to be able to log into your account to delete it.

To permanently delete Instagram account:

1. Go to the Delete Your Account page from a mobile browser or computer. If you’re not logged into Instagram on the web, you’ll be asked to log in first. You can’t delete accounts from within the Instagram app.
  2. Select an option from the dropdown menu next to Why are you deleting your account? and re-enter your password. The option to permanently delete Insta account will only appear after you’ve selected a reason from the menu.
  3. Click or tap Permanently delete my account.

If you’d like to delete a different account:

1. Click or tap the username in the top-right of the Remove Your Account page
  2. Click or tapassets next to the username and select Log Out.
  3. Log back in as the account you want to delete and follow the directions above.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

1. How to delete instagram account on iPhone?

Step 1: Go to “Instagram” on your iPhone and tap on the Profile icon at the bottom of the screen.

Step 2: Click the Settings icon on the Profile page and then scroll down to choose “Help Center”.

Step 3: Tap on “Basics” and then choose “Getting Started”.

Step 4: Select “Delete the Instagram Account” among the options.

Step 5: Choose “How do I delete my account?” and click the hyperlinked “go to this page”.

Step 6: Enter your Instagram account information and choose the reason for which you want to delete your Instagram account.

Step 7: Type in your Instagram password again and click “Permanently deactivate my account” and tap on “OK” to confirm. Then your Instagram account will be removed from your iPhone.

2. How to delete Instagram account on Android?

How to temporarily disable an Instagram account:

1. Use a browser to go to the Instagram website (you can’t do it from the application).
  2. Log in.
  3. Click on the profile button in the top-right corner.
  4. Next to your profile picture and user name, select “Edit Profile”.
  5. Scroll down and select the “Temporarily disable my account” link.
  6. Select a reason why you are disabling your account.
  7. Re-enter your password.
  8. Click on the button that says “Temporarily Disable Account”.
  9. To reactivate the account, simply log back into it.

How to delete an Instagram account (permanently)

1. From a browser, go to Instagram’s dedicated page for deleting accounts
  2. If you are not logged in, you will be asked to do so.
  3. Select your reason for deleting the account.
  4. Re-enter your password.
  5. Select the red button stating: “Permanently delete my account”.
  6. Your account is now gone.

3. How to recover deleted Instagram account?

If you don’t see a disabled message, you may be experiencing a login issue. If your account was deleted by you or someone with your password, there’s no way to restore it. You can create a new account with the same email address you used before, but you may not be able to get the same username.

References

References
  1. What Is Instagram and How Does It Work?
  2. Delete Your Account | Instagram Help Center
  3. How to Delete An Instagram Account on iPhone - EaseUS.
  4. How to delete your Instagram account - Android Authority
  5. What can I do if my Instagram account has been disabled? | Instagram Help Center

delete an Instagram account

how to delete Instagram account 2020?

Do you want to delete your Instagram account permanently? If yes, then you have to follow the steps given below.

Do you want to delete the account permanently?

If you delete your account permanently, images, videos, and other data will be removed permanently. After deleting the store, you can’t log in with the same username or password. You need to follow a few steps given below.

• Initially, you need to login to your account from a mobile, PC, or Laptop.
  • Tap and click on your Profile picture in the top right corner and select the edited image.
  • You have to navigate to Setting> Help center.
  • After clicking on the Help center, you have to click on the Manage your accounts.
  • Select Delete My account.
  • Now, you need to select. How do I delete my account?
  • Select the link “Go to the delete your account” page
  • After this, you have to give a reason for deleting your account.
  • Then click on permanently delete my account.

How do I disable your Instagram account on android?

If you are quite busy and couldn’t give time to Instagram and your followers are waiting for you. Then you have the option to disable the account for some time. Later on, you can log in to the account whenever you are free. You need to follow a few steps given below.

• You have to log in to https://www.instagram.com/ from your mobile, PC, and Laptop (You can’t disable your account using the Instagram app).
  • Tap and click on Profile picture or profile in the right corner.
  • Select Edit Profile.
  • You have to scroll down and click on Temporary disable my account.
  • Now, you need to give the reason why you are disabling your account?
  • Re-enter the username and password.
  • Tap or click on a Temporary disable an account.

How do I delete my Instagram account permanently?

To delete your account permanently from Instagram, you need to follow the steps given below.

• Initially, you need to login to your account from a mobile, PC, or Laptop (You can not delete your account by login into the Instagram App).
  • Tap and click on your Profile picture in the top right corner and select the edited image.
  • You have to navigate to Setting> Help center.
  • After clicking on the Help center, you have to click on the Manage your accounts.
  • Select Delete My account.
  • Now, you need to select. How do I delete my account?
  • Select the link “Go to the delete your account” page
  • After this, you have to give a reason for deleting your account.
  • Then click on permanently delete my account

How I delete an account while using multiple accounts

How do I remove one of the multiple Instagram accounts on the phone?

You might think to delete an Instagram account by using a mobile phone. You need to follow the few steps given below.

• If you login to multiple accounts, you can remove the account by signing in to the Profile.
  • Go to profile then click on three vertical bar
  • Now, scroll down and click on Setting.
  • Enter login information.
  • Click on the three dots and select the account to delete.
  • Then click on Remove.

How do I clear my Instagram search history?

Instagram saves your search history. The saved searches help you to get favorite profiles, and hashtags help to get instant searches. In order to delete the examinations, you need to follow the few steps given below.

• Go to your Profile and tap of three vertical bars.
  • Tap on the Setting icon.
  • Click on Security, then click on Clear Search history (iPhone) or Seach History (android).
  • Click on Clear All> Clear All.

For Computer and mobile Browser:

• Open Browser and search for https://www.instagram.com/
  • Now, you need to navigate to Profile> Setting.
  • Click on Privacy and Security> View Account Data.
  • Below Search history, you need to click on view all.
  • Click on the Clear Search history and click on Yes, I’m sure.

Keep in mind clearing your search history is temporary; the searches may reappear in your history, if you search again.

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 200 hours unless flagged)

1 Like