I’m sure most of you guys are familiar with the taste of shrimps. These are one of the most delicate and somewhat difficult to cook the main courses even for most chefs. Overcook them and you’ll lose the delicate taste and texture of shrimps. And if you fail to cook them properly then you won’t be able to get rid of the smell in shrimps.
Today we’ll see some simple shrimp dishes that you can easily cook at home without messing the sweet, salty and delicate flavor of shrimps. But first, we’ll see how to buy the perfect shrimp
What to look for when buying shrimp?
There are a lot of people who always complain that whenever they cook shrimp, it smells weird and tastes even weirder. Now, if you can relate to it, then it might not be your cooking skills that are the problem. There’s a huge chance that the shrimp that you’re buying is not of good quality.
Let’s see what you need to look for when buying shrimp.
So, there are two terms which every person who has ever bought shrimps is aware of. One is “Frozen” and the other is “Fresh”. Frozen is the shrimp type which is thrown into a freezer as soon as they are caught. It is thawed when it is bought by the consumer. You should always go with the frozen shrimp if you’re not very good at buying fresh shrimp.
Fresh shrimp is the type that is placed on ice as soon as they are caught but they are thawed when they come to the shop. Now, although they are called fresh shrimp but to actually check if they are fresh or not, you need to look for that pinkish color in the shrimps. You also need to check that the shrimps don’t smell extraordinarily fishy.
- Cup of butter (1/3 cup)
- Garlic (4 cloves)
- Shrimps (800g, tails intact)
- Kosher salt and black pepper for taste
- Lemon juice
- Parsley (For garnishing)
- Add 2 tablespoon of butter in the pan and then melt it at medium heat. As soon as the butter melts down, add garlic and cook until you get the fragrance of roasted garlic.
- Fry the shrimp and then throw some salt and pepper according to your taste.
- Now, add in the butter that’s left behind, some lemon juice and 2 spoons of water. Keep cooking while stirring until the shrimps are done.
- Once the shrimps are done, garnish them with finely chopped parsley and serve it with pasta or rice.
Do you like this recipe? Check out this Lentils recipe too.