| On Android devices Open the Facebook app on Android and tap the App Settings option in the left sidebar (right sidebar for beta users). Find the option to play videos automatically and turn it off. To play videos over Wi-Fi and limit them only when there is a data connection, select Wi-Fi only.
- Log into Facebook. Go to the top right corner and click the down arrow next to Home.
- Click on Privacy Settings.
- Next to the Ads, apps and websites section, click Change settings.
- Click on the red Xs you see.
- Read the notice that appears. ###
- Log into your Facebook account. Scroll right and click Settings at the top.
- Go to settings.
- Scroll down until you see the Facebook option.
- Go to Settings under the Facebook icon.
- Enable autoplay over WiFi only.
- Follow Business Insider Australia on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.
To prevent Facebook from being shown to you specifically by other websites or to display Facebook advertisements on other websites, open the Facebook page and click Settings, then Advertising. Then click on the ads based on my website and app usage, select the settings option and log out.
Facebook will show ads in the middle of the videos. This allows publishers to place ads on their videos after users have watched them for at least 20 seconds. In addition, these ads use the news feed, the main source of dissemination of Facebook content.
- Open the Google Settings app on your device (called Google Settings or Settings, depending on your device).
- Scroll down and tap Google.
- Tap Ads.
- Enable disable interest-based ads or disable personalized ads.