Unit-conversations might seem unsettled to you. Especially, when you are intimated to drink a certain amount of water or the water that might serve a different purpose. Although, you are not familiar with the proposed volume. But there are some ways to easily calculate the volume, no matter how big it is.
If you are confused with ounces, liters, and gallons, then this article will help you to calculate the numbers – into the volume you want!
Fluid Ounces in a Water Bottle
When talking about fluid ounces, the first thing that might come to your mind is the rule of drinking 8*8 ounces of water a day. Drinking 8 ounces of water eight times a day is one of the most widely adopted drinking habits for people all over the world. But the thing is, how to measure the fluid ounces?
The easiest way would measure it through half a liter water bottle. There are approximately 16.9 ounces of water in a 500ml water bottle. You can find a 500ml water bottle easily almost everywhere. So, next time if someone asks you, how many fluid ounces in a water bottle? It will not be an issue for you to convert the volume into ounces to half a liter water bottle, and vice-versa.
To be more frank, which of these two is more convenient for you to mention? Do you feel better uttering 500ml rather than 16.9 fluid oz? Mostly, yes. So, why do they even use 16.9 fluid oz as a volume which sounds more complicated? Well, the fluid ounce is the value of U.S. customary units. Yet, you will find certain people who find it convenient to use fluid oz because of fair trade laws in the U.S.
It is worth mentioning that fluid ounce is one of the imperial and U.S customary volume units.
16.9oz Bottles in a Gallon
Now, the volumes get bigger. We are not dealing with fluid ounces or ml anymore. Gallon is an imperial customary volume unit for the U.S. As we have previously mentioned, the 16.9oz bottle is also known as 500ml in the metric system. According to the U.S. standard, 1 gallon stands for 128 fluid oz.
Therefore, if you want to know, how many 16.9oz bottles in a gallon? Then simply divide 128 by 16.9. And that would be 7.57 water bottles of 16.9 fluid oz in order to fill a gallon. Looking for a more precise answer? Consider it to be 7 and a half or 8 bottles of water, as you cannot have a water bottle of .57 liter.
Let’s calculate this practically. If you are to drink a gallon of water per day, you need to drink 16.9 fluid ounces of water 7.5 times. To round it up, you would need to drink 3.785 liters of water throughout the day.
As for the U.K. standard is concerned, 1 gallon is equivalent to 160 fluid oz, which is 4.546 liters of water. Meaning, you would need 9.46 bottles of water to fill a gallon. Consider this to be 9 bottles or a little less than 9 and a half bottles.
People use gallons in order to carry a significant amount of liquid. But you might face a situation where you will need a gallon of water without a rightly measured container for filling a gallon. In cases similar to this, you will have to weigh the volume of water in fluid oz or maybe in liters.
Poland Spring Water
Most likely about 55 percent of the commercially bottled water is genuine spring water. The rest of the 45 percent of the brands mostly provide us treated water. If you want to drink naturally treated spring water, consider buying Poland Spring Water bottles.
Poland Spring Water offers different sizes of water bottles and containers. The smallest is 8 oz, and the largest size is 5 gallons. Among the volumes, the 500 ml 1.5 L, 3 L, and 1 gallon are one of the top-selling sizes for the company.
Likewise, the other Nestle Water brands in the U.S. they use 30% less plastic in their bottles. In the year of 2006 and 2007, Poland Spring Water was selected as the top-selling spring water brand in the U.S. So, the quality is ensured.
Converting the volume according to the local standard sometime becomes necessary for us to do. People outside the U.S. are most familiar with the metric system. But it is always good to know the way to convert the volume following the measurement of the other popular widely accepted standards.