How Long Should I Wait For My P45

How long will I have to wait to get the p45? ۔

Even if I need a P46 to work in a new company and leave that company for another job. Should I get p45 from this company or will it always be p46?

I'm sure the next company you want to leave can give you a p45 just by asking.

update

But while I'm still at the company, do I have to wait until my P45 or the end of the year?

I bet p60 is the end of the year you start ... you need some help.

There is no official way to issue a P45, unless it is issued as soon as possible after the payment deadline, without delay. If 3 months have passed since the last payment, the employment office will have to issue P45.

Every employer you work for will issue a P45 form after your last paycheck, unless you have completed one (or more) P38 form [student statement]. When you have a new job and your first paycheck is available, you should ask them for a P46 form. If you charge P46, please do not return P45 later. You can keep it if you need a refund.

P60 is a year-end date and must be issued on April 5 by every employer you work for (unless you have been paid on or before that date, for example if You have recently joined the company).

You must receive your P45 within 4 weeks of leaving the company. If you do not have one, your new employer will ask you to fill out a Q46 and send it to the tax office for your relevant tax number. There is an emergency tax

If you already have your former company's P45, you don't need to complete P46.

PS

You will only receive P45 when you leave the company. P60 is released at the end of the year.