How do you trademark a name

How do you trademark a name

How much does it cost to trademark a name? Electronic trademark filing fees currently range from $225 to $400 per item or service category, depending on the type of application you file. The cost of registering a trademark on paper is currently $600 per product or service category.

How do you find out if a name is trademarked?

Look up the name in the company name database. If the name you are trying to enter is a corporation, limited partnership, or limited liability company, look up the name in your state's business name database. Your state registry office can tell you how to access your company name database.

Can I use my name as a trademark?

Yes, you can enter your name. You can register a name and use it as a brand name for your products or services. For example, the name "JESSICA" is a registered trademark of a skin care line.

Can I trademark my personal name as a business name?

To be clear, if you want to register your personal name as a trademark, you must find a commercial use for it, and that commercial use must fall within one of many specific categories of products and services. Including your brand in one category doesn't stop anyone from claiming it as a trademark and using it in another category.

How much does it cost to trademark a name

Do I need to trademark my business name?

According to Nina, if you only work in one state, you don't need to register your business name because you already have legal rights to use it in that state and licenses in other states.

How to trademark your business name?

• First, determine if the brand is right for you or if you should take a different route.
  • Next, you must select the trademark that you want to file with the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO).
  • Once you have found a suitable brand, prepare and then apply to the USPTO.

:eight_spoked_asterisk: How to trademark a name?

• Choose the right brand. Not all trade names are eligible for state trademark registration.
  • Search by brand. Once you've found a strong brand, make sure you haven't switched to another brand owner.
  • Submit an offer.
  • Respond to the firm's actions and objections.

How much does it cost to trademark a name and logo

The average cost of a brand name or logo is around $275 if you register yourself, or $500 to $2,000 if you register a trademark through a service or attorney. The value of the brand depends on the number of classes your product or service belongs to and how you register.

Trademark vs patent

How do you register a trade mark?

Tips To register a trademark, go to the website of the Patent and Trademark Office. Check if someone else has not already registered the trademark in your category by checking the database of electronic trademark search engines.

:eight_spoked_asterisk: How much does it cost to renew a trademark?

Renewal Fee After the 10-year term for trademark filing, the trademark renewal fee could be $300 for an electronic filing and $400 for a paper filing.

:eight_spoked_asterisk: How do you file a trademark?

You can apply for international trademark registration through the USPTO if: your trademark is registered with the USPTO, or you have applied for registration and are a US citizen or resident of the US or do business in the US.

What are the steps to register a trademark?

Steps to Register a Trademark with Inida.
Step 1 : An application for trademark registration must be submitted to the Trademark Registrar. It must be presented at the registered office or branch of the Trademark Registration Office corresponding to the place where the applicant operates.

Brand mark

How much does it cost to register a trademark?

In general, the total brand value is divided into 3 different registration/registration fees, including: TEAS Plus - USD 225 per product/service class, Reduced Price of TEAS (TEAS RF) - USD 275 per product/service class or TEAS. Normal: $400 per class of goods and services.

:brown_circle: How do you check to see if a name is trademarked?

Trademarks are published in the official trademark register. The idea is to inform the public that the name has been taken. In theory it is easy to check if a name is a brand. All you need to do is go to the Trademark Electronic Search System (TESS), enter your name and find out if it is a trademark.

How to find trademark?

You can search for all trademarks for free using the USPTO's Electronic Trademark Search System (TESS). If your brand has a design element, explore it with design code.

How much does it cost to trademark a name in georgia

The cost of filing a paper trademark application is typically $750 per product or service category. Regardless of the filing method you choose, remember that if the USPTO rejects your application to register a trademark for a trade name, your filing fees will not be refunded.

:diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside: How much does it cost to file a trademark application?

Request any additional charges for intent to use. Request for extension of time to prove use of the mark (if not part of the original request): USD 125 per class and/or. Usage Notice (if not part of the initial application): $100 per lesson. Remark. A more detailed breakdown of branding costs is also available.

How do I register a trademark in the US?

The USPTO makes it easy to pay fees online using forms available in the Electronic Trademark Application System (TEAS). Fees paid are generally not reimbursed by the USPTO. Registration is not automatic and requires due diligence from a reviewing attorney.

Are the fees paid for trademark registration refundable?

Fees paid are generally not reimbursed by the USPTO. Registration is not automatic and requires due diligence from a reviewing attorney. Take all necessary steps to ensure that your trademark is eligible for trademark registration before applying.

How to do a better trademark search?

• Partial matches. The system uses search logic, so I warned you not to use an ampersand & .
  • Reduce the results. If you do a search, you get a lot of results. It would take a long time to see them all again.
  • Check your results. At this point you should have less than 100 results to see.

Genericized Trademark/brand

:brown_circle: How to conduct an trademark search?

• Describes the products or services marketed under the brand.
  • Determine the specific terms for your product or service using the online guide to identify eligible products and services.
  • Define an international class.
  • Identify related products or services and their classes.
  • Develop a fundamental research strategy.
  • Expand your search strategy.
  • Do a search.

How do you look up a trademark?

Look for the trademark (TM), service mark (SM), or trademark next to the name as it appears in search results in both the website title and search engine extract (if available). Find and manage the official website of the company you think has a brand.

:diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside: How much does it cost to trademark a name in louisiana

Names can be reserved for 120 days by completing a reservation request and requesting a $25 security deposit from the Secretary of State. When you reserve a brand or service mark, you must reserve it with a class number. Class numbers are listed on the back of the reservation request. The cost of the lessons is 25,-.

:brown_circle: How much does it cost to trademark a company name?

When you file a federal trademark application for your trade name through the USPTO, expect a payment between $250 and $750. According to the USPTO website, the trademark fee you pay depends on: the number of trademarks you seek and the category of products and services you want to provide.

Trading business

:eight_spoked_asterisk: Do I need to register a trademark in Louisiana?

Louisiana law allows companies to register trademarks with the Louisiana Secretary of State, and many companies do so because they believe that registering a trademark in Louisiana gives them substantive rights. Unfortunately they are wrong.

How much does it cost to trademark a slogan?

What does a brand cost if you want to make a slogan? A slogan is a word or phrase commonly associated with a company, product or service, and the branding cost for your slogan is $325 to $375 depending on how you apply.

How do I Reserve a name for my trademark?

Names can be reserved for 120 days by completing a reservation request and requesting a $25 security deposit from the Secretary of State. When you reserve a brand or service mark, you must reserve it with a class number. Class numbers are listed on the back of the reservation request. The cost of the lessons is US$25.

How much does it cost to trademark a name in the usa

The cost of branding a name at the federal level ranges from $225 to $400 plus attorney's fees, or $50 to $150 for a state brand. The average cost of a trademark logo is between $225 and $600 plus legal fees.

Brand licensing

:eight_spoked_asterisk: How much does a trademark attorney cost?

A trademark attorney costs between $1,000 and $2,000 for general trademark litigation, but a lawsuit can cost the client an additional $300,400 per hour. Some of the trademark attorney fees you may see include: Trademark registration fees.

:brown_circle: How much does an international trademark cost?

The cost of directly applying for trademark registration in a particular country through a local attorney is approximately USD 1,500 and USD 2,500. Fees vary from country to country (depending on the filing fee) and depend on the service and time required by the local attorney.

How much does it cost to trademark a name in illinois

The average brand value of a name is $424, and most owners spend between $275 and $660, including registration and registration fees. The Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) charges between $225 and $400 to register a trademark in a name, depending on the method you choose and the category of your business.

Can I pay for my trademark application with cash?

Cash is not accepted for payment. Foreign funds are not accepted: all fees must be stated in dollars. For more information about payments, see the Fees and Payments page and the Fees and Benefits FAQ. The USPTO makes it easy to pay fees online using forms available in the Electronic Trademark Application System (TEAS).

Trademark

:diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside: What can be trademarked?

Almost anything can be branded: made-up words, vocabulary words, slogans, phrases, logos, colors, shapes and names, all of which are eligible to participate in the brand. Brand identity is more important than digging into the details of what a brand can be.

Can a slogan be trademarked?

In order for your slogan to qualify, it must be associated with your brand. If your brand and slogan have nothing to do with each other, you cannot register them. If you're not sure whether your motto should be a trademark, an industrial property attorney like me can help.

:eight_spoked_asterisk: How much does it cost to trademark a name in canada

The cost of registering a trademark in Canada Since June 2019, the cost of registering a trademark in Canada has increased. Registrants now pay $330 for a basic online trademark registration, including an international registration. The cost of each additional product or service category is $100.

:eight_spoked_asterisk: Is a trademark worth the cost?

Brands can be worthless or even very valuable, it all depends on the activities associated with the brand! Since brands represent consumer acceptance and reputation, they can be extremely valuable assets, both in absolute terms and as part of a company's total value.

Brand

How to trademark a name or business name?

• First, determine if the brand is right for you or if you should take a different route.
  • Next, you must select the trademark that you want to file with the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO).
  • Once you have found a suitable brand, prepare and then apply to the USPTO.

How to see if a name is trademarked?

To search the USPTO trademark database, go to TESS and select a search option. If you are looking for a name, you can use the brand search function. If you are looking for a design brand, such as a logo, the first thing you need to do is find your design code using the USPTO Design Research Code Guide.

How to check a name for a trademark?

• Use an internet search engine. List the names of the companies you are considering in your favorite search engines.
  • Consult a database of fictitious names. Some states have a single state database; others maintain separate databases for each province.
  • Look up the name in the company name database.
  • Find Thomas in the registry.

How do I find out if a name is copyrighted?

You can determine whether a name is copyrighted using the US Copyright Office search engine, or whether a name was copyrighted in 1978 or earlier by browsing the Library of Congress' Directory of Public Archives Reading Rooms. Search the US copyright authorities' online database.

How do you find out if a name is trademarked or registered

To search the USPTO trademark database, go to TESS and select a search option. If you are looking for a name, you can use the brand search function. If you are looking for a design brand, such as a logo, the first thing you need to do is find your design code using the USPTO Design Research Code Guide. You can search for plurals by searching for the name TESS.

:eight_spoked_asterisk: How do you find out if a name is trademarked oregon

You can track the status of your application by logging into the Oregon Business Registry and clicking My Companies. When the submission is complete, a checkmark will appear in front of the company name and the status will automatically update to indicate that the submission is complete.

How do I find out if a name is a trademark?

If a trade name is used on the products themselves to identify the source, it may also be a trademark. Contact the United States Patent and Trademark Office or the Trademark Search Section of the Oregon Secretary of State for availability. For more information on trade names and trademarks, visit the National Association of Secretary of State website.

:eight_spoked_asterisk: Where can I find more information about trademark registration in Oregon?

For more information on trademark registration, see the Patent and Trademark Basics website. Remark. Companies must check for conflicts between state trademarks and service marks before registering a trademark or service mark in Oregon.

Docket

How do I check the availability of a business name in Oregon?

Check the availability of the Oregon company name using the company name lookup application. The name availability check feature can determine if someone already has a name that you want to submit. The name accessibility checker checks the nouns in the name to be validated and compares them with active registered companies.

Do I need to register a business name or a trademark?

The decision to register a company name, trademark, or both is an important one. A single registration of your company name does not confer trademark rights. His office only compares company names with other names in the Oregon Business Registry to verify availability.

:brown_circle: Do you really need to register your trademark?

That's right, you probably don't need to register your trademark with the US Trademark Office to establish trademark rights. In fact, you can get trademark rights simply by using your trademark as an indication of where your product or service comes from.

Should you trademark Your Name separate from the slogan?

Using separate trademarks for the name and slogan can be a good practice as it gives you a lot of flexibility. If the name and slogan belong to the same brand, it will be very difficult to change the slogan or include additional slogans.

Imprint

:brown_circle: Can I trademark my first and last name?

Yes, you can enter your name. You can register a name and use it as a brand name for your products or services. For example, the name JESSICA is a registered trademark of a skin care line.

:eight_spoked_asterisk: Can I trademark a name that already exists?

Yes, you can register a trademark for a name that is already in use. When it comes to adding a company name, the desired name may already be in use. In this case, you should study and compare the sectors of the respective companies. If you work in non-competitive industries, you can still register your name.

What does it mean to trademark a name?

Trademark (name) A word, symbol, or phrase used to identify a particular company's product and differentiate it from other companies' products. trademark (noun) Any registered name of a company, product or service. Trademark (verb) Register something as a trademark.

Can I trademark a business name that is already?

You can register a trademark for a name that is already in use if your product or service is not linked to an existing registered version and consumers have little or no confusion and think so.

Can i use my name as a trademark image

You only own the trademark rights to the name and logo, which are displayed together as a whole. It may be sufficient to always use your name in combination with the logo. If another company tries to register your name as a trademark, you could face a dispute.

:brown_circle: Can I protect my name after I have trademarked it?

After registering your name, you must protect it, otherwise your trademark will be lost. The Patent and Trademark Office does not protect your name, so you must act in good faith. You can use Google Alert for your name to proceed with the verification.

Do I need a copyright or trademark on an image?

Otherwise you probably need the copyright of the image. Tagging images is a tricky topic as they often find that people are actually looking for copyright. As described in their article on trademarks and copyrights, different articles have different types of legal protections.

How can I use a trademarked word/name/symbol without trademark infringement?

Here are some ways to use a word/name/symbol without avoiding trademark infringement: According to the fair use doctrine, a trademark may be used without permission for comment or criticism, as long as the intended use does not correspond to the intended use use of the trademark. (the New York Times name for another newspaper).

Seal

Can they register a domain name as a trademark?

When you register your domain name as a trademark, you not only protect your domain name, but you can also prevent other people and companies from protecting domain names that are similar to your trademark. You can register your trademark in the country where you register your domain to protect it in certain markets.

:brown_circle: Can i use my name as a trademark application

Registering a trademark for a company name is quite simple. Many companies can apply online in less than 90 minutes without the involvement of a lawyer. The easiest way to register is on the Patent and Trademark Office website,.

:brown_circle: Can I trademark a name someone else is using?

Trademarks can be sold in the same way as other forms of ownership. When the rights to a brand are sold, they speak of a brand transfer, the seller of the brand is called the "transferor" and the buyer the "transferee". To buy someone else's brand, of course, you need to contact the owner.

Can I trademark a name that has been abandoned?

The owner of this trademark may have waived state trademark registration, but still owns the trademark rights under common law. In other words, the owner of a discontinued trademark who still uses it still has common law rights over the trademark.

Check

How to copyright a name?

• Common law: Just use the name commercially. After use you have established general rights. General trademark rights are added once
  • State Registration of a Trademark: You must apply through your state's Secretary of State. This gives you government protection and the ability to:
  • Federal Trademark Registry - Simply the best. State trademark registration in the United States protects your trademark across the country. It not only protects you

What can and cannot be trademarked?

What a brand can and cannot be is a direct consequence of this function of brands: allowing the market to differentiate its products and services from those of its competitors. As mentioned above, almost anything can be trademarked. They can be compound words, such as Xerox or iPad.

:diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside: How do I register a trademark?

• Is your product or service eligible for registration? Most candidates make their own
  • Determine the type of trademark you want to register. You can register your trademark as a standard trademark or as a special seal.
  • Find out how trademark type affects your application.

:diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside: Should you trademark Your Name?

Reasons for registering a trademark. While you may enjoy some trademark protection when using your name in business, registering a trademark with the USPTO expands your trademark rights nationwide — a significant benefit if you do business online or in multiple states or regions.

How to start an llc in texas

:eight_spoked_asterisk: Do I need to register my Logo as a trademark?

Common law marks are geographically restricted to provide minimal protection. This is not necessary, but for maximum protection of your logo it is advisable to register your logo as a trademark with the USPTO. A common law trademark or an unregistered trademark must be marked with ™ or SM.

:brown_circle: Do I need to register my logo with the USPTO?

This is not necessary, but for maximum protection of your logo it is advisable to register your logo as a trademark with the USPTO. A common law trademark or an unregistered trademark must be marked with ™ or SM. The ™ sign is used for product-based trademarks.

What are the trademark and registered trademark symbols?

These are trademarks or registered trademarks. And if you have or are creating a logo, these tips for registering a logo can save you time, money, and headaches as your brand grows.. Just by having a logo, you get a so-called generic trademark for your logo.

What do you need to trademark your personal name and registration

How can I register a trademark? To register a trademark protecting a phrase, logo, symbol, design, domain name or other word related to your business, you must file an application with the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO).

Can I trademark my name as a trademark?

In order to have your name registered as a trademark with the USPTO, you must use it in a business relationship. Famous people like Julia Roberts and Michael Jackson can register their names as trademarks as their personal names are also their trade names.

:brown_circle: Does registering a domain name give you trademark rights?

Registering a domain name with a registrar does not transfer any trademark right to you. For example, even if you register a specific domain name with a domain name registrar, you may need to opt out later if you infringe someone's trademark rights.

:diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside: Do you need a trademark to start a business?

Many companies believe that after registering their business and obtaining a business license, all they need to do is sell their products or services and make money. They lack other highlights and one of them is branding.

:eight_spoked_asterisk: What do you need to trademark your personal name and name

The first step in the trademark process is to ensure that your name or trademark meets the United States Patent and Trademark Office's (USPTO) Fort definition. A brand should have a secondary, non-intuitive meaning that represents your service or product, not something else.

Okoume

What do you need to trademark your personal name change

Name changes generally require proof of identity in the form of a valid driver's license, passport or photo ID. Please note that the SSA may also ask you to prove your legal presence in the country by showing your birth certificate or passport.

:eight_spoked_asterisk: How do I get a trademark for my business?

You acquire a brand by using your brand in a store, ie in the context of your business activities. For additional protection, you can register your trademark with the USPTO.

:brown_circle: Do I need to register my trademark with the USPTO?

If you use your trademark, but don't register it with the USPTO, you are protected by common law. You can prevent others from using your brand, but only in your immediate geographic area. This may be enough for a small local business, but it may not help much if you have a nationwide internet business.

:eight_spoked_asterisk: How can I protect my trademark?

For additional protection, you can register your trademark with the USPTO. If you use your trademark, but don't register it with the USPTO, you are protected by common law. You can prevent others from using your brand, but only in your immediate geographic area.

Irig

:eight_spoked_asterisk: What do I need to apply for a trademark?

The form must contain the name of the applicant, in this case the name of the company, the address, the image of the brand (a sheet of paper with a brand on it or in a digital file in an approved format) and the type of the product or service for which the brand is used.

What is an example of a trademarked name?

Some examples are Greyhound and Goo Gone buses. Descriptive trade names are the most difficult to register. This includes personal names such as Ben & Jerry ice cream locations such as Chicago's Pizza and names that describe a product or service such as Best Carpet Cleaning.

How do you trademark a name?

To register a name, you must ensure that your "trademark" meets Fort's definition as given by the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), which means that a trademark must have any secondary meaning that your service or product.

Should I register a trademark or domain name for my product?

They will apply for a trademark registration to protect the vacuum cleaner's brand. And you can register the copyright of the TV ad you use to promote the product. A domain name is the part of a web address that points to the IP address of a specific website.

Who is responsible for registering a trademark in the US?

Https:// guarantees that you will connect to the official website and that all information you provide will be encrypted and sent securely. Patent and trademark office. The Patent and Trademark Office is the competent authority for granting patents and registering trademarks.

:diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside: How long does it take to register a trademark?

Depending on the type of trademark and the challenges you face, it can take several months to several years to register your trademark with the USPTO. Registering a trademark for your personal name can be a good way to protect yourself from people who want to profit from using your name without your permission.

How do you trademark a name and logo

You can also register a trademark for your logo with the Secretary of State of the state in which you will be using the logo. This only protects your rights in this state, so the logo may be used by other people in other states. The third and most expensive option is to apply for a trademark registration with the USPTO.

When and how do I have to use trademark symbols?

You can use the trademark symbol after you officially register the trademark with the appropriate government agency. You must use unregistered trademarks or service mark symbols prior to this registration, as such use is often required to display a trademark during registration.

Brand loyalty

What are the requirements for a trademark?

There are four basic requirements for registering a trademark (or service mark) with the USPTO: 1. The trademark must be registered in the name of the beneficial owner. The owner of a trademark is the person who controls the nature and quality of the goods or services sold under the trademark.

:brown_circle: How do you copyright a name

You can check if a name is copyrighted using the US Copyright Office search engine or if the name was copyrighted in 1978 or earlier by browsing the Library of Congress' Directory of Public Archives Reading Rooms.

:brown_circle: Can I trademark my personal name?

A person's personal name, which may be a first name, a surname or a full name, cannot be registered as a trademark. It can be registered as a trademark if the name is of minor importance. Personal names cannot be protected by trademark law without additional meaning.

How do you trademark a name or phrase

You can register a trademark locally by registering with the national trademark office. To tag a phrase locally, you must already use it publicly. You can apply for a national trademark registration with the USPTO. You can apply to the USPTO if you intend to use it.

Brand Rehabilitation

Can You copyright or trademark a phrase or motto?

You cannot copyright the scene. However, you can bookmark a listing without an attached logo. The present proposal must be completely original and have a secondary meaning unrelated to the original purpose. You must also identify a specific product or service. Phrases can be tagged with slogans, slogans, slogans or slogans.

:eight_spoked_asterisk: How would you use trademark in a sentence?

• His trademark was in every word.
  • The devil stole the light signal from half of his merchandise.
  • According to economists, the answer is that trademark law does two things.
  • After I get this mark tattooed on your arm, I'll let old man Urik know.

Do you trademark or copy write a saying?

Yes, you can rate an offer by using it as a trademark or slogan for your product or service. A quote cannot be a trademark in itself, it must be part of the brand of a product or service.

:eight_spoked_asterisk: Can You patent a phrase?

Patents are only for useful items such as inventions and business methods. There is no meaning in a word or phrase, so the short answer is no, words and phrases cannot be patented.

Generic mark

How to trademark a name

You can check the availability of brands online at your local government website. For example, in the United States, you can use the Patent and Trademark Office's Trademark Lookup Tool to find out if a similar name or variations of it are trademarked. In the UK go to Companies House, they have a search function there too.

:brown_circle: Should I Register my business name as a trademark?

The USPTO will only register trademarks if they are distinctive and cannot be confused with existing trademarks. The brighter the name, the easier it will be to build a brand. Names that are "raised" or raised such as "Xerox" are the easiest to fold and receive the strongest protection.

:brown_circle: How do you copyright a business name?

While you cannot copyright a trademark, you can create a trademark for a trademark. It is best to hire a trademark attorney to register the trademark in your name. It even increases your chances of successfully registering your trademark at the federal level.

How to register a trademark in the United States?

• Prepare to apply. Once you have determined that the level of protection you need is brand protection, choosing a brand is the first step in the process.
  • Prepare and submit your application.
  • Working with a USPTO-appointed investigative attorney
  • Get approval / rejection of your application.
  • Save your file.

Where is the Trademark Office located?

The United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), located in Alexandria, Virginia, has four regional offices. The regional offices give inventors, entrepreneurs and small businesses the added benefit of a USPTO presence in every time zone.

:brown_circle: What is trademark procedure in the United States?

• Legal framework. United States trademark law is governed by federal, state and Lanham laws.
  • Unregistered Trademarks.
  • Trademark.
  • Procedures.
  • Enforcement.
  • Change of Ownership and Transfer of Rights.
  • Related rights.
  • Network problems.

:diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside: Why is an United States trademark search important?

The government trademark search is one of the types of trademark searches in the United States and by far the most important for startups and small and medium-sized businesses. It's relatively inexpensive and helps determine if someone has extensive federal trademark rights that are too similar to the trademark they're trying to use.

How do you trademark a name on your own

Yes, you can register a trademark with a name that is already in use. When it comes to adding a company name, the desired name may already be in use. In this case, you should study and compare the sectors of the respective companies.

:eight_spoked_asterisk: Can your domain name be a trademark?

The short answer is yes: your domain name can be trademarked. Now for the long answer: before registering your domain name, do a little research to make sure you're not infringing on someone else's trademark. However, registering a domain name does not mean that you can claim a trademark right to that name.

Trademark electronic search system

The Trademark Electronic Search System (TESS) is a database of all registered or registered trademarks. Every dataset in TESS contains many important branding elements. Each item contains search information.

How to check if a trademark is already registered?

• The importance of brand research. Prevention is always better than cure.
  • Brand classes. According to the NICE brand classification, the international classification of goods and services, there are 45 classes, which are divided into from 1 to
  • Steps to find a brand.
  • Important tools to know.

:diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside: How to look up trademark names?

To find out if a name is a trademark, you need to look in the United States Patent and Trademark Office's Trademark Register.
Step 1 Visit the United States Patent and Trademark Office website and click "Trademark Search" under the "Trademarks" tab.
Step 2 .

how do you trademark a name