How Big Of A Turkey Do I Need

What size do I need the turkey?

For turkeys weighing less than 16 pounds, estimate 1 pound per serving (this is the weight of the bone). Larger birds, which is somewhat less acceptable, have a higher flesh-to-flesh ratio. However, if your goal is to have a lot of leftovers, regardless of the size of the turkey, aim for £ 1 per person. Buy a 12-pound turkey for 8 people.

With that in mind, what size of turkey do I need for 10 people?

Choosing the Right Turkey Size When choosing a turkey to serve on Thanksgiving, you can calculate 1.5 pounds per person. If you're serving 10 people on Thanksgiving, choose a 15- to 20-pound bird. Small birds weighing less than 12 pounds have a smaller bone-to-flesh ratio, so it counts two pounds per person.

Which turkey crown do I need for 10 adults?

A 45 kg pigeon is 67, a 56 kg turkey is 810, and a 67 kg turkey feeds 1012. If you are serving 6 or less, you may want to take a crown seal rather than a whole bird serving 35 kg feeds a 22.

5 kg crown 68How many people eat a 25-pound turkey in this regard?

Turkey offers 25 servings. To provide enough turkey for 60 guests, we recommend providing two 22 or 23 pounds.

How many people will a 20kg turkey feed?

13 people

How many people would a 10-pound turkey eat?

Buy a 15-pound turkey for 10 people.

How many turkeys do I need per computer?

Fortunately, there is a simple rule of thumb for estimating how much turkey to buy for your guests. Plan one kilo of turkey per adult and half a kilo per child. If you want leftovers or a little more, count one and a half pounds per adult and three-quarter pounds per child.

How many people eat a 15-pound turkey?

For turkeys under 16 pounds, estimate 1 pound per serving (this is the weight of the bone). Larger birds, which is somewhat less acceptable, have a higher flesh-to-flesh ratio. However, if your goal is to have a lot of leftovers, regardless of turkey size, aim for 1 1/2 pounds per person.

How many turkeys should I buy per person?

Here's the general rule: one pound of turkey per person.

If you want leftovers?

or will the big eaters come to you this year?

allow 1 1/2 to 2 pounds per person. Stick to it and Thanksgiving is on the right track.

How long does it take to cook a 15-pound turkey?

This USDA chart is based on a 325 ° F oven and fully thawed or fresh poultry. (For an unstoppable bird, we said about 15 minutes per pound.) If you want to cook a frozen turkey, it will take at least 50 percent longer than the recommended times.

How much does a serving of turkey breast cost?

Remember that the larger the bird, the greater the ratio of the center legs. Raw turkey breast (bone-in): Think 1.25 per person. Raw (boneless) turkey breast: Think 0.75 pounds (3/4 pounds) per person.

How much does a 20-pound turkey cost?

The situation is different with fresh turkeys: according to Zagorsky, these are also the birds that people love to serve. The retail price of a fresh turkey is around $ 1.51 per pound, or $ 30.20 for a 20-pound bird.

How long does it take to cook a 20-pound turkey?

If you cook it at 325 ° F (the lowest USDA recommended temperature), cook a 20kg turkey in the oven for 4 to 5 hours if it isn't full and 4 ¼ to 5 hours if it isn't full.

How do I know how much my turkey weighs?

The thermometer should read 165 degrees when inserted into the thickest part of the thigh. Unless your turkey is relatively small (under 12 pounds), let it cook for at least three hours. But to be sure, you can start the review first.

Do you cook turkey at 325 or 350?

Cooking the turkey openly at a temperature between 325 ° F and 350 ° F. Higher temperatures can dry out the meat, but it is best to do this if the temperature is too low as the inside of the turkey may not heat to a safe temperature.

Is less turkey more tender?

A bird's flavor is determined by several additional factors that may be more important than whether your turkey is fresh or frozen. Size is key - small birds tend to be more cuddly when there are many guests. Consider having two small turkeys instead of one large one.

How long does it take to cook a 25-pound turkey?

Turkey cooking time 2 to 5 hours 22 to 24 pounds 4 to 41/2 hours 5 to 51/2 hours 24 to 29 pounds 41/2 to 5 hours 51/2 to 61/4 hours

How many turkeys are fed by 150 people?

For turkeys under 16 pounds, estimate 1 pound per serving (this is the weight of the bone). For larger birds, which are somewhat less acceptable, they have a higher flesh-to-flesh ratio. However, if your goal is to have a lot of leftovers, regardless of turkey size, aim for 1 1/2 pounds per person.