Hot Water Heater Leaking Insulation Wet

Is the insulation of the water tank damp? ۔

There is a leak above our water tank where the hose and water tank meet. My husband is fixing it, but some water has got into the water tank where the insulation is. There was water inside when my husband opened the bottom. Should we replace the tank, will it rust or mold later? Or will it dry up and recover?

update

Insulation is located between the tank and the hull. I'm not sure I can broadcast it.

No, it didn't leak from the bottom, it was the top that dripped into the pipe, penetrated the insulation and sank to the bottom of the tank. There is no rust or leakage in the tank, but isolated water.

Once you fix it, it will dry out, so you don't have to worry, and mold is probably not a problem. The only thing that can be a problem in terms of moisture in the insulation is that if it is an electric water heater and the insulation and thermostat connections around the elements are wet, it can cause a very slow circuit and damage the elements. ۔ Make sure the insulation around the thermostat or both is moist, remove it and make sure the area around the connector is dry.

Since you have indicated that this is a relief valve and not an internal (or outlet), I would suggest the following. Suppose the units are on the beat, line five. With pressure relief valves, these valves use a combination of welded or threaded (tank) and threaded joints. If there is a leak, you will see water on top of the tank. Make sure the tank line is connected on the right side. In this case, check the tank configuration according to the instructions. You can check the outlet temperature by turning on the nearest tap (T only) and leaving it on for 3 minutes. The temperature should be close to 120 to 150 F.

It can be dry. Leave the hot tub or warehouse door open for a day or two during the day. When it is dry and closed, it stinks. A little water does not hurt.