Hot Tub Extension Cord

Hot Tub Extension Cord

Can I use a heavy duty extension cord in a 120V bathtub?

You can do whatever you want, but avoid the dangers. If you buy a new body and need warranty service, your warranty is unlikely. If it rains on the connector, you can also turn off the circuit, which is probably the circuit board in the bathtub. Depending on where you live, a 120V shower head may not be very practical. Because? When the nozzle is on, the heating starts. There is not enough energy to use both at the same time. If you use a bathtub in cold climates, which is the best time to take a shower, the water cools faster depending on the ambient temperature.

The good news is that almost all bathtubs are capable of switching to 120V / 240V. If you buy it, I strongly recommend that you have a power cord on the 240V-50A circuit in winter. To be safe, it must comply with the national electronic code. You will need a 240V GFCI circuit breaker with a disconnected switch on the device as well as a number of boxes and wires. 6 which is not cheap. It will cost a few dollars (or more), but it will pay off in the long run. If money is a problem, find an electrician and see if you can get around. You have a few months.

If you do this, you will be much more satisfied with the performance of the bathtub. And it costs very little each month to supply your electricity.

Yes you can But first let me explain some simple calculations with electricity.

If you run 115V on a 15A load on a # 14 drop cable, you will lose 2% of the voltage on a 100 foot cable. Low wires mean low voltage drop.

I'm going to count them to make sure you and everyone else understand what I'm saying here.

If you use a 12 gauge and 15 MP cable, the voltage drop across a 30 meter cable will be less than 1% because the conductors are longer.

Which class you belong to depends on the size of that class.

14 gauge = 15 MPS.

12 gauge = 20 MPS.

10 meters = 30 MPS.

8 gauge = 40 MPS.

In this case, what you really care about is the distance of the connection wires from the control box to the socket and what else is in the switch.

If it comes from a 14 gauge wire with a 15 MP circuit breaker, it will run at full capacity, without anything else in the circuit.

However, if you probably have one, it's actually a 12 gauge wire in a 20MP circuit breaker and you have no more load than that just a few feet away. Measuring the wire to balance the rest will not hurt.

From what you said, you can't make old clothes dryer or oven cord for free and maybe spend 10 bps on 20 MP electrical outlets, one male and one female, and both. I know it won't hurt. It will be a measure of strength that cannot make a difference.

But don't try to use an affordable 50 foot 16 gauge drop cable; Even 14 gauge and even 12 gauge cables won't push you up to 50 or 25 feet.

I can help you a little.

Dennis

This page can help you.

Come back:

Can I use a heavy duty extension cord in a 120V bathtub?

I bought a 120V tub with GFCI at the end of the 15A circuit breaker connector. Maybe a few feet out of the bathtub. Can I use a strong extension cable to make the connection? Looking at the 25-foot RV ...

120 VT bathtub

I just tested a 60 foot 16 gauge extension cord and the tub keeps coming out. I'm not sure if a low meter (10 or 12) will fix the problem or it will need to be installed next to a hot tub with a hot electric (we bought a used one, so there are no warranty issues).

Install in the bath

Hot Tub Extension Cord