How to lock the Honeywell RTH7500 thermostat
- Find the up and down buttons to the right of the Honeywell thermostat’s LCD screen.
- Press Up and Down until the desired temperature appears on the display.
- Press the button under Hold on the LCD screen. The continuous waiting time is displayed on the screen. The thermostat is blocked.
- Press the menu button on the Honeywell digital thermostat and tap Security Settings.
- Select Change lock mode to customize lock settings. Select the blocking option you want.
- Tap the Create Password option, then enter the four-digit password you want to use.
To cancel the temporary setting at any time, press CANCEL. Press HOLD to set the temperature permanently. This will cause the temperature settings to be exceeded for all periods. The hold function disables the schedule and allows you to manually set the thermostat if necessary.
To lock the thermostat, do the following:
- Press the menu button on the smart thermostat.
- To toggle between unlocking and semi-closing, press and hold the padlock symbol for at least 3 seconds.
- Repeat the same process to go from a half block to a full block.
The following thermostats offer keypad lockout settings: TH8110R1008, TH8320R1003, TH8321R1001, TH8321WF1001, TH6320WF2003, TH6220WF2006, TH6320U2008, TH6220U2000, TH6210U2001, THX9421R5021.
Resetting a Honeywell Programmable Thermostat Set the thermostat switch to Off. Insert a coin into the slot on the battery compartment cover to push it up. Remove the batteries. Insert the batteries upside down so that the negative pole is aligned with the positive pole. Remove and reinsert the batteries correctly, then close the battery cover.
You can lock the Google Nest thermostat from the Thermostat Settings menu or with the Nest app. Important: Even if the Nest thermostat is blocked, it will continue to heat or cool at all programmed temperatures, even if they are outside the blocked temperature range.
Take a small flat screwdriver and insert it under the lock. As you turn the screwdriver clockwise, slide an open paper clip over it and insert the dryer. There isn’t much in it. Tinker with it for a few more minutes until it opens.
Just press the - and + buttons at the same time and voila, the block is gone. The lock is very useful when you don’t want the kids to turn off the air conditioner or change the settings. Once the lock is in place, no other settings can be changed. Make sure you don’t tell them how to unlock it.
Thermostat buttons do not work: To lock or unlock the thermostat buttons, press and hold the MODE button. While holding the MODE button, also press the UP and DOWN arrow buttons.
Unlocking a Lux 1500 thermostat Press the Next button three times, located in the center of the thermostat control panel. Press the Hold button and then release it. The thermostat is unlocked. Press and release the Next button three times, then press the Hold button to relock the thermostat. Share this article.
Press + or to change the desired temperature. On the left side of the screen you will see a temporary or permanent lock. Below you will see Hold appear. Press the button under Hold to select Permanent Hold.