Home Depot Battery Recycling

Does Home Depot use old alkaline batteries?

Call2Recycle® is an ideal battery management program that has partnered with Home Depot since 2001 to collect rechargeable batteries from the store. At a designated return point, customers can recycle all used portable batteries - batteries commonly found in regular household items.

Did you also know that Home Depot recycles alkaline batteries?

Here are some recycling options: Your Home Home Depot partners with Call2Recycle, an ideal battery recycling program. Rechargeable batteries can be recycled for free by placing them on the shelves of Call2Recycle stores.

And where can I recycle alkaline batteries for free?

Call2Recycle also has a network of over 34,000 local recycling centers and rechargeable battery retailers, including local communities and national retailers such as Best Buy, The Home Depot, Staples and Lowes.

How can you use it to get rid of alkaline batteries?

As noted on the Duracell website, alkaline batteries can be safely disposed of with normal household waste. Energizer confirms that regular batteries can be thrown in the trash, but says rechargeable batteries must be recycled according to U.S. federal guidelines.

Can alkaline batteries be mailed?

n Alkaline batteries - considered harmless. For shipping instructions for lithium-ion batteries, including the requirement that no more than three rechargeable lithium-ion batteries be shipped together, see U.S. Postal Service Shipping Standard, National Mail Manual (DMM®).

Best Buy Recycled Alkaline Batteries?

Customers can supply rechargeable batteries to any Best Buy store in the United States and Puerto Rico. Best Buy does not accept the disposal of alkaline batteries. Customers should call 1800RECYCLING or visit nearby alkaline battery recycling centers.

What should I do with the old AA batteries?

Normal batteries: Alkaline, manganese and zinc-carbon batteries are not classified as hazardous waste and can be disposed of with normal household waste. Other common disposable or rechargeable batteries, such as lithium batteries and button cells, are recyclable, but recycling may not be available in all areas.

How do I get rid of disposable batteries?

Disposable batteries contain various materials that can be recycled. You can recycle them by leaving them in a local installation or by participating in the many email or pickup programs available. Recycling batteries by mail as part of the programs works particularly well for office buildings.

How to dispose of 9 volt batteries?

Proper disposal of batteries. To safely dispose of lithium batteries or batteries with more than 9 volts, place plastic film, adhesive tape or electrical tape on the battery terminals or place the batteries between two layers of adhesive tape (e.g. flat button batteries).

Recycle batteries and alkaline batteries?

Are alkaline batteries harmful to the environment?

Alkaline batteries contain manganese, steel and zinc, all natural metals that are not harmful to the environment. These types of batteries do not meet any of the following EPA hazard classification criteria: flammability, corrosivity, reactivity and toxicity.

Where can I store the batteries for recycling?

Home improvement or office supply stores often accept these products for recycling by providing a mailbox from an organization such as Call2Recycle. Find a battery recycling collection box near you. Find other recycling facilities that use Earth911 recycling. Find or call your municipal waste disposal service or city hall.

Can you recycle batteries at Walmart?

Home Depot: Take cell phones, rechargeable batteries and low-power bulbs to Home Depot stores where these items will be recycled for you free of charge. Walmart: This mega-store has multiple recycling options. First, if you recycle electronics, you can have them shipped to participating Walmart stores.

What are the benefits of alkaline batteries?

Benefits [edit]

Do alkaline batteries contain lead?

Where should I throw away the lithium batteries?

If you need to dispose of lithium batteries, instead of throwing them in the trash, go to a local recycling center as this could cause a fire. To find a store near you that collects lithium batteries, visit and search for your region.

How much can I get for a used battery?

How much money can you make by recycling used car batteries?

You’ll likely make less than 10 on a used car battery. You often get 6 or 7, but if you have batteries to recycle, you can make up to 12 per battery.

Can you get rid of leaking batteries?

All disposable and rechargeable batteries, with the exception of self-lead batteries, can be stored in the collection containers. See question 7 if you have a leaking or damaged battery. 4. Place them only on the nearest battery.

Can you recycle batteries in Lowes?

You can always join in the celebration of National Battery Day and responsibly recycle rechargeable batteries by returning them to a Lowe’s Recycling Center in a retail store in the continental United States. To find a shop near you, go to

What do you do with used cooking oils?

Is it legal to throw the car battery overboard?

No, the law in the United States requires that all lead-acid batteries be recycled. This law has existed for years.

Where can I recycle AA batteries near my home?