Help desk

Help desk,

Definition of Help desk:

1. Call center designed to provide users with assistance, often with computer-related or other technical issues. A help desk is usually operated by individuals that have an extensive background of the appropriate system, so that they can walk users through step-by-step solutions for their problems. Various help desks exist for a single product; for example, a college student who has a computer question may call Dells help desk directly, or try their university computer departments help desk instead.

2. A service providing information and support to computer users, especially within a company.

How to use Help desk in a sentence?

1. I contacted the help desk of my software provider regarding issues I encountered when attempting to upgrade to their latest release.
  2. I needed to have a chat with the help desk because I was having some problems and only they could help.
  3. The help desk and IT support staff will act as ambassadors for your intranet initiative, so the sooner you garner their support the better.
  4. Whenever a computer malfunctions in our company, we are required to contact the Help Desk for assistance before we call anyone else.

Meaning of Help desk & Help desk Definition