Gutter

Gutter,

Definition of Gutter:

1. Blank space between columns of text.

2. A shallow trough fixed beneath the edge of a roof for carrying off rainwater.

3. Blank space between facing pages (inner margin closest to the binding).

4. (of a candle or flame) flicker and burn unsteadily.

5. Channel or furrow with something such as streams or tears.

6. The blank space between facing pages of a book or between adjacent columns of type or stamps in a sheet.

Synonyms of Gutter

Glimmer, Glint, Gleam, Flare, Shine, Dance, Gutter, Aqueduct, Beat, Beneath one, Bicker, Broad, Canal, Canalization, Channel, Cheap, Chute, Cloaca, Cloaca maxima, Coarse, Crimp, Cut, Dance, Debasing, Degrading, Demeaning, Deplorable, Dike, Disgraceful, Ditch, Drain, Earthy, Eaves trough, Entrenchment, Flap, Flick, Flicker, Flip, Flit, Flitter, Flop, Flutter, Fosse, Frank, Go pitapat, Goffer, Gross, Guide, Ha-ha, Headchute, Humiliating, Humiliative, Infra dig, Infra indignitatem, Kennel, Low, Moat, Opprobrious, Outrageous, Palpitate, Penstock, Pentrough, Piscina, Pitiful, Pitter-patter, Pleat, Pulse, Rank, Raw, Sad, Scandalous, Scupper, Sewer, Shameful, Shocking, Shoot, Sink, Slat, Sluice, Sorry, Sough, Splutter, Sputter, Sump, Sunk fence, Throb, Too bad, Trench, Trough, Unbecoming, Uncouth, Unworthy of one, Vulgar, Wave, Waver

How to use Gutter in a sentence?

1. I recall considering grabbing the gutter on the roof edge as it rose past me, but doubted it would do much but slow me for an instant and pull me off balance.
  2. The candles had almost guttered out.
  3. My cheeks are guttered with tears.
  4. The blocks of text are placed carefully but without regard to page margin or gutters - so the space of the text is ‘freed.’.

Meaning of Gutter & Gutter Definition