Definition of Guarantee:
A formal pledge to pay another persons debt or to perform another persons obligation in the case of default.A thing serving as security for a formal pledge to pay another persons debt.
A formal promise or assurance (typically in writing) that certain conditions will be fulfilled, especially that a product will be repaired or replaced if not of a specified quality and durability.
In general, another way of spelling guaranty.
Provide a formal assurance or promise, especially that certain conditions shall be fulfilled relating to a product, service, or transaction.
Synonyms of Guarantee
Bible oath, And candle, Arm, Armor, Assert under oath, Assurance, Assure, Attest, Avouch, Avouchment, Avow, Back, Bail, Bailsman, Be sponsor for, Bless, Bond, Bondsman, Book, Certify, Champion, Cloak, Compass about, Confirm, Copyright, Countersecure, Countersign, Cover, Cushion, Defend, Depone, Depose, Earnest, Endorse, Ensure, Extrajudicial oath, Faith, Fence, Fend, Godfather, Godparent, Guarantor, Guaranty, Guard, Harbor, Haven, Indemnity, Insurance, Insure, Insurer, Ironclad oath, Judicial oath, Keep, Keep from harm, Kiss the book, Loyalty oath, Mainpernor, Make a promise, Make certain, Make safe, Make sure, Mortgagor, Nestle, Oath, Oath of allegiance, Oath of office, Obligation, Official oath, Parole, Patent, Pledge, Plight, Police, Promise, Protect, Register, Ride shotgun for, Safeguard, Screen, Secure, Security, Shelter, Shield, Shroud, Sign, Sign for, Solemn declaration, Solemn oath, Sponsor, Stand behind, Stand up for, Stocks and bonds, Subscribe to, Surety, Swear, Swear by bell, Swear the truth, Swear to, Swear to God, Swear to goodness, Test oath, Testify, Tie, Token, Troth, Undersign, Undertake, Undertaking, Underwrite, Underwriter, Vouch, Vouch for, Vow, Warrant, Warrantor, Warranty, Word, Word of honor, Contract, Agreement, Covenant, Compact, Bond, Pledge, Promise, Warrant, Undertaking, Commitment, Settlement, Arrangement, Understanding, Warranty, Warrant, Contract, Covenant, Bond, Assurance, Promise
How to use Guarantee in a sentence?
- We offer a 10-year guarantee against rusting.
- We guarantee that you will love our product, it is one of the most demanding products in the US and The Caribbean.
- The con artist guarantees that the dirt pile will yield at least 20 ounces of gold.
- The bank had a guarantee in terms of their relationship between the actual property and the lender and borrower to safeguard its assets.
- The company was so sure that their new product would be a hit that they offered a money back guarantee for customers that werent satisfied and want a refund.
Meaning of Guarantee & Guarantee Definition