Government

Government,

Definition of Government:

1. The governing body of a nation, state, or community.

2. The relation between a governed and a governing word.

3. A group of people that governs a community or unit. It sets and administers public policy and exercises executive, political and sovereign power through customs, institutions, and laws within a state. A government can be classified into many types--democracy, republic, monarchy, aristocracy, and dictatorship are just a few.

Synonyms of Government

Administration, Executive, Regime, Authority, Powers that be, Directorate, Council, Leadership, Management, Geopolitik, John Bull, Kreis, Uncle Sam, Washington, Whitehall, Administration, Archbishopric, Archdiocese, Arrondissement, Auspices, Authority, Bailiwick, Bishopric, Borough, Canton, Care, Charge, City, Civics, Claws, Clutches, Command, Commune, Conduct, Congressional district, Constablewick, Control, County, Cure, Custodianship, Custody, Departement, Diocese, Direction, Disposition, District, Domination, Dominion, Duchy, Electoral district, Electorate, Empery, Empire, Geopolitics, Governance, Grip, Guardianship, Guidance, Hamlet, Hand, Handling, Hands, Hundred, Husbandry, International relations, Iron hand, Jurisdiction, Keeping, Lead, Leading, Magistracy, Management, Managery, Managing, Manipulation, Metropolis, Metropolitan area, Ministry, Oblast, Okrug, Ordering, Oversight, Parish, Pastorage, Pastorate, Pastorship, Patronage, Pilotage, Poli-sci, Political behavior, Political economy, Political geography, Political philosophy, Political science, Political theory, Politics, Power, Precinct, Principality, Protectorship, Province, Public administration, Raj, Regime, Region, Regnancy, Regulation, Reign, Riding, Rule, Running, Safe hands, Sheriffalty, Sheriffwick, Shire, Shrievalty, Soke, Sovereignty, Stake, State, Steerage, Steering, Stewardship, Superintendence, Supervision, Sway, Talons, Territory, The Crown, The Establishment, The authorities, The conn, The government, The helm, The wheel, Town, Township, Tutelage, Village, Wapentake, Ward, Wardenship, Wardship, Watch and ward, Wing

How to use Government in a sentence?

1. When I asked the hotel employee if the hotel had a government rate, she told me that I would have to have my government id or badge at the time of check in.
  2. Many people believe that the role of government in a capitalist country should be to stand aside and let people get things done.
  3. Because businesses of all kinds are subject to government oversight and regulation, it is imperative that business owners have a good relationship with local government leaders.
  4. An agency of the federal government.
  5. It seems that English allots its nominative and oblique forms of pronouns in terms of position, not true government as in German.

Meaning of Government & Government Definition