Definition of Gantt chart:
The Gantt chart is the most widely used chart in project management. These charts are useful in planning a project and defining the sequence of tasks that require completion. In most instances, the chart is displayed as a horizontal bar chart.
A Gantt chart is a graphical depiction of a project schedule. It's is a type of bar chart that shows the start and finish dates of several elements of a project that include resources, milestones, tasks, and dependencies. Henry Gantt, an American mechanical engineer, designed the Gantt chart.
Type of bar-chart that shows both the scheduled and completed work over a period. A time-scale is given on the charts horizontal axis and each activity is shown as a separate horizontal rectangle (bar) whose length is proportional to the time required (or taken) for the activitys completion. In project planning, these charts show start and finish dates, critical and non-critical activities, slack time, and predecessor-successor relationships. Also called chronogram, it was invented in 1917 by the US engineer and a scientific-management pioneer, Henry L. Gantt (1861-1919).
A chart in which a series of horizontal lines shows the amount of work done or production completed in certain periods of time in relation to the amount planned for those periods.
How to use Gantt chart in a sentence?
- Gantt charts are utilized in several industries and for a range of projects, such as building dams, bridges and highways, software development, and development of other goods and services.
- A Gantt chart helps in scheduling, managing, and monitoring specific tasks and resources in a project.
- A Gantt charts horizontal axis represents the time for the project.
- I suggested we reference the gantt chart to best explain our position considering the different times we are referencing in our speech.
- The chart is the most widely used chart in project management.
- When giving a presentation a gantt chart can be a good way to convey all of your information to your audience.
- If you are doing a presentation to your higher ups a gantt chart can be a great way to show them you mean business.
Meaning of Gantt chart & Gantt chart Definition