Definition of Frequency:
Ofteness. Rate of repetition of a cyclical or regular event, measured in hertz or cycles per second.
The rate at which a vibration occurs that constitutes a wave, either in a material (as in sound waves), or in an electromagnetic field (as in radio waves and light), usually measured per second.The particular waveband at which a radio station or other system broadcasts or transmits signals.
The rate at which something occurs or is repeated over a particular period of time or in a given sample.
Synonyms of Frequency
AF, CPS, EHF, HF, Hz, MF, RF, SHF, UHF, VHF, VLF, Amplitude, Antinode, Audio frequency, Carrier frequency, Crest, Cycles, De Broglie wave, Diffraction, Electromagnetic radiation, Electromagnetic wave, Extremely high frequency, Fluctuation, Frequency band, Frequency spectrum, Fundamental, Fundamental tone, Guided wave, Harmonic, Harmonic motion, Hertz, High frequency, In phase, Interference, Intermediate frequency, Intonation, Kilocycles, Kilohertz, Libration, Light, Longitudinal wave, Low frequency, Lower frequencies, Mechanical wave, Medium frequency, Megacycles, Megahertz, Monotone, Monotony, Node, Nutation, Oscillation, Out of phase, Overtone, Partial, Partial tone, Pendulation, Period, Periodic wave, Periodicity, Pitch, Radio frequency, Radio wave, Ray, Reinforcement, Resonance, Resonance frequency, Seismic wave, Shock wave, Sound wave, Spark frequency, Spectrum, Superhigh frequency, Surface wave, Tidal wave, Tone, Tonelessness, Transverse wave, Trough, Ultrahigh frequency, Upper frequencies, Vacillation, Very high frequency, Very low frequency, Vibrancy, Vibratility, Vibration, Wave, Wave equation, Wave motion, Wave number, Wavelength, Wavering
How to use Frequency in a sentence?
- The frequency of Joshs lateness became very frustrating and affected his ability to get his work done in time, so I had to fire him.
- Shops have closed with increasing frequency during the period.
- Different thicknesses of glass will absorb different frequencies of sound.
- Paul could not control his eating habits, he went to the kitchen with frequency to prepare himself something to eat.
- He had trouble hearing high frequency sounds ever since he attended that super loud rock concert last week at the stadium.
Meaning of Frequency & Frequency Definition