Freight

Freight,

Definition of Freight:

1. Be laden or burdened with.

2. A freight train.

3. Goods transported in bulk by truck, train, ship, or aircraft.

4.  A colloquial term for freight charge. Goods may be transported on freight-prepaid or freight-collect basis: (1) If the freight is paid by the consignor (as under C&F and CIF terms) the goods remain the consignors property until their delivery is taken by the consignee upon their arrival at the destination, and payment of the consignors invoice. (2) If freight is paid by the consignee (as under FOB terms) the goods become the consignees property when handed over to the carrier against a bill of lading. It may be charged on the weight or volume of the shipment (depending upon its nature or density) and also varies according to the mode of shipment, such as bulk, break bulk, containerized. Also called freightage. See also fare.

5.  A charge paid for carriage or transportation of goods by air, land, or sea.

6. A load or burden.

7. Transport (goods) in bulk by truck, train, ship, or aircraft.

Synonyms of Freight

Transport, Transport in bulk, Convey, Carry, Ship, Drive, Cargo, Load, Haul, Consignment, Delivery, Shipment, Amtrak, Air express, Air-express, Airfreight, Airlift, Airmail, Asportation, Bag, Baggage, Baggage train, Bale, Barrel, Bear, Bear hard upon, Bearing, Bottle, Box, Brim, Burden, Burdening, Burthen, Cable railroad, Can, Cargo, Carload, Carriage, Carry, Carrying, Cartage, Cartload, Charge, Charging, Chock, Choo-choo, Cog railroad, Cog railway, Conduct, Congest, Consign, Consignment, Convey, Conveyance, Cram, Crate, Cross, Crowd, Cumber, Cumbrance, Deadweight, Delivery, Difficulty, Disadvantage, Dispatch, Drag, Drayage, Drop a letter, Duty, El, Electric, Electric train, Elevated, Embark, Embarrassment, Encumber, Encumbrance, Expedite, Export, Express, Express train, Expressage, Ferriage, Fill, Fill to overflowing, Fill up, Flier, Fly, Forward, Freight train, Freightage, Freighter, Funicular, Goods, Goods train, Hamper, Handicap, Haul, Haulage, Hauling, Heap, Heap up, Impediment, Impedimenta, Imposition, Inconvenience, Incubus, Incumbency, Interurban, Jam, Jam-pack, Lade, Lading, Lift, Lighterage, Lightning express, Limited, Load, Loading, Local, Lug, Luggage, Lugging, Lumber, Mail, Manhandle, Mass, Metro, Milk train, Millstone, Monorail, Onus, Oppress, Oppression, Overburden, Overfill, Overload, Overtax, Overtaxing, Overweight, Overweighting, Pack, Pack away, Packing, Pad, Parliamentary, Parliamentary train, Passenger train, Payload, Penalty, Pile, Pocket, Portage, Porterage, Post, Poundage, Press hard upon, Pressure, Rack-and-pinion railroad, Railroad train, Railway express, Ram in, Rattler, Remit, Rest hard upon, Rolling stock, Sack, Saddle, Saddling, Satiate, Saturate, Send, Send away, Send forth, Send off, Ship, Shipload, Shipment, Shipping, Shuttle, Shuttle train, Special, Stack, Store, Stow, Streamliner, Stuff, Subway, Supercharge, Superincumbency, Surcharge, Surfeit, Take, Task, Tax, Taxing, Telpherage, Tonnage, Top off, Tote, Toting, Trailerload, Train, Trainload, Transmit, Transport, Transportation, Transshipment, Trouble, Truckage, Truckload, Tube, Underground, Vanload, Wad, Waft, Waftage, Wagonage, Way train, Weigh heavy on, Weigh on, Weigh upon, Weight, Whisk, White elephant, Wing

How to use Freight in a sentence?

1. If you are shipping a big freight you should make sure to get a reliable company to do the work for you.
  2. I can hear the regular wail of the twelve oclock freight from my house.
  3. We had to analyze the various options we had for handling the freight , as the boat would be slower but less expensive than the train.
  4. I chose to purchase my engine block in person, rather than having it shipped to me; because the freight charge was ridiculously expensive.

Meaning of Freight & Freight Definition