Definition of Freelance:
Earning ones living as a freelance.
Earn ones living as a freelance.
A freelance worker.
A medieval mercenary.
Working on a contract basis for a variety of companies, as opposed to working as an employee for a single company. Freelancers are often considered to be self-employed, and have the freedom to pick and choose their projects and companies they would like to be associated with. A common profession for freelancing is writing; a writer then has the ability to submit their work to many different places, without being tied to any one company in particular.
Working for different companies at different times rather than being permanently employed by one company.
Synonyms of Freelance
Writer, Feature writer, Columnist, Correspondent, Reporter, Journalist, Penman, Hired, Paid, Bought, Professional, Venal, Hireling, Soldier of fortune, Professional soldier, Hired soldier, Hireling
How to use Freelance in a sentence?
- Bob prefers to freelance rather than working at a typical 9 to 5 office, as he can make his own hours that way.
- A freelance journalist.
- He freelanced for the BBC and regional companies.
- Wanted freelance world journalist must be fluent in at least three foreign languages and culture all expenses are paid with birthday weekly pay.
- Casual staff, agency workers, freelances and home workers were among those considered only to have ‘worker’ status rather than the more formal ‘employee’ status.
- As a freelance office assistant, putting together a resume can be tricky as there is no single prior employer and often the work is short in duration.
- I work freelance from home.
Meaning of Freelance & Freelance Definition