Definition of Forum:
A place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.
(in an ancient Roman city) a public square or marketplace used for judicial and other business.
Public medium (such as a newspaper column) or place used for debates in which anyone can participate. In Roman times it meant a public place at the center of a market or town where open discussions on judicial, political, and other issues were held.
A court or tribunal.
Synonyms of Forum
Public meeting place, Public square, Marketplace, Areopagus, Agora, Airing, Amphitheater, Analysis, Arena, Assemblee, Assembly, Assignation, At home, Athletic field, Auditorium, Background, Ball, Bear garden, Board, Bowl, Boxing ring, Brawl, Bull ring, Buzz session, Campo, Campus, Canvas, Canvassing, Caucus, Circus, Cockpit, Coliseum, Colloquium, Colosseum, Commission, Committee, Conclave, Concourse, Conference, Congregation, Congress, Consideration, Conventicle, Convention, Convocation, Council, Course, Curia, Dance, Date, Debate, Debating, Deliberation, Dialectic, Dialogue, Diet, Discussion, Discussion group, Eisteddfod, Examination, Exchange of views, Festivity, Fete, Field, Floor, Forgathering, Gathering, Get-together, Ground, Gym, Gymnasium, Hall, Hippodrome, Housewarming, Inquisition, Investigation, Joint discussion, Judicatory, Judicature, Judiciary, Levee, Lists, Locale, Logical analysis, Logical discussion, Market, Market cross, Marketplace, Mart, Mat, Meet, Meeting, Milieu, Open discussion, Open forum, Palaestra, Panel, Panel discussion, Parade ground, Party, Piazza, Pit, Place, Platform, Plaza, Plenum, Precinct, Prize ring, Prom, Public square, Purlieu, Quorum, Rally, Range, Rap, Rap session, Reception, Rendezvous, Review, Rialto, Ring, Round table, Scene, Scene of action, Scenery, Seance, Seminar, Session, Setting, Shindig, Sit-in, Site, Sitting, Soiree, Sphere, Square, Squared circle, Stadium, Stage, Stage set, Stage setting, Study, Symposium, Synod, Terrain, The Inquisition, Theater, Tilting ground, Tiltyard, Town meeting, Treatment, Tribunal, Turnout, Ventilation, Walk, Wrestling ring, Court of law, Law court, Bench, Bar, Court of justice, Judicature, Tribunal, Forum, Chancery, Assizes, Meeting, Assembly, Gathering, Conference, Seminar, Convention, Colloquy, Convocation, Congress, Rally, Council, Symposium, Conclave, Congregation, Synod, Diet
How to use Forum in a sentence?
- Twitter is a public forum , on which people of all backgrounds with all sorts of interests may post their opinions, comments, et cetera and then receive nearly immediate feedback from those who see their tweet in their timeline.
- It will be a forum for consumers to exchange their views on medical research.
- Nobody would therefore have an absolute right to choose which Court would be the forum for the determination of any disputes.
- By choosing the open forum style of debate, the politicians were able to meet publicly to express their opinions and opposing viewpoints.
- Richard wanted to write an angry letter to the editor, but thought the newspaper page might be the wrong forum for the profane language he wanted to use.
Meaning of Forum & Forum Definition