Focus group

Focus group,

Definition of Focus group:

1. A demographically diverse group of people assembled to participate in a guided discussion about a particular product before it is launched, or to provide ongoing feedback on a political campaign, television series, etc.

2. Problem-solving: Idea generation or forecasting technique where several experts or informed individuals share their point of view on a specific topic or problem.

3. Market research: Small number of people (usually between 4 and 15, but typically 8) brought together with a moderator to focus on a specific product or topic. Focus groups aim at a discussion instead of on individual responses to formal questions, and produce qualitative data (preferences and beliefs) that may or may not be representative of the general population.

How to use Focus group in a sentence?

1. I decided to engage the focus group to maximize the potential information we would benefit from obtaining in todays meeting.
  2. Today I will be leading a focus group in which my colleagues and I will discuss the importance of anti-tobacco materials in various cities around the world.
  3. To assess the viability of security officer safety in hospitals, and whether or not they should have defensive tools, a focus group was established.
  4. Three constructions of sovereignty were produced through the focus group discussion.

Meaning of Focus group & Focus group Definition