Definition of Fee:
Remuneration: In contracts based on cost reimbursement pricing, the fee represents an amount beyond the initial cost estimates, and reflects factors such as the risks involved. Fee is usually subject to statutory limitations, and may be either fixed (as in a cost plus fixed fee contract) or allowed to vary within a specified range (as in a cost plus incentive fee contract).
Make a payment to (someone) in return for services.
A payment made to a professional person or to a professional or public body in exchange for advice or services.
An estate of land, especially one held on condition of feudal service.
Land law: Estate capable of being transferred. See also fee simple absolute in possession and fee tail.
Synonyms of Fee
Payment, Emolument, Wage, Salary, Allowance, Stipend, Handout, Trinkgeld, Account, Admission, Admission fee, Allowance, Anchorage, Assessment, Bill, Blackmail, Blood money, Bonus, Bounty, Bribe, Brokerage, Carfare, Cellarage, Charge, Charges, Compensate, Consideration, Copyhold, Cost, Cover charge, Demand, Dockage, Donative, Double time, Dues, Emolument, Entrance fee, Equitable estate, Estate at sufferance, Estate for life, Estate for years, Estate in expectancy, Estate in fee, Estate in possession, Estate tail, Exaction, Exactment, Expense, Fare, Fee simple, Fee tail, Feod, Feodum, Feud, Feudal estate, Fief, Footing, Gratuity, Gravy, Grease, Guerdon, Hire, Honorarium, Hush money, Incentive pay, Indemnify, Inducement, Initiation fee, Lagniappe, Largess, Lease, Leasehold, Legal estate, Liberality, License fee, Mileage, Palm oil, Paramount estate, Particular estate, Pay, Pay by installments, Pay on, Perks, Perquisite, Pilotage, Portage, Pourboire, Premium, Prepay, Price, Reckoning, Recompense, Remainder, Remit, Remunerate, Render, Retainer, Retaining fee, Reversion, Reward, Salary, Salvage, Salve, Satisfy, Scot, Scot and lot, Shot, Something extra, Sportula, Stipend, Storage, Sweetener, Tender, Tip, Toll, Towage, Tribute, Vested estate, Wharfage, Pay, Reward, Reimburse, Recompense, Give payment to
How to use Fee in a sentence?
- Upon getting a title loan on our vehicle we were told there would be a $7 a day fee on the loan that would accrue on top of our interest rate if we paid late.
- We didnt have anymore out of pocket expenses, because everything was written in the contract was covered under his fee .
- The fee listed by the lawyer was higher than expected but we valued his services greatly and simply paid it.
- Others offer discounts on software purchases to subscribers of their once-free, now feed, online service.
- They were faced with legal fees of $3000.
Meaning of Fee & Fee Definition