Definition of Expense:
The money or expenses incurred by the company in its efforts to generate revenue are equal to the expenses incurred in doing business.
Expenses can be in the form of actual cash payments (such as wages and salaries), the depreciated portion of an asset (depreciation) or the amount of revenue (such as bad debts). Summary of expenses is calculated before income tax and income tax is recorded in income statement. Although all costs are costs, not all costs (such as the cost of acquiring revenue-generating assets) are costs.
Compensation over tax base (a cost item)
It costs some money to spend on something.
Synonyms of Expense
Price, Distributed costs, Toll, Forfeit, Denial, Outlay, Privation, Denudation, Loser, Ruin, Spending, Damage, Costs, Burden of expenditure, Fee, Expenses, Losing, Score, Direct costs, Losing streak, Injury, Unit cost, Operating costs, Debit, Decrement, Charges, Prime cost, Price tag, Cost, Cost of living, Price, Tab, Replacement cost, Deprivation, Rate, Total loss, Spoliation, Operating expense, Dispossession, General expenses, Forfeiture, Expense account, Disbursals, Overhead, Figure, Taking away, Detriment, Budget, Destruction, Labor costs, Swindle sheet, Dead loss, Sacrifice, Loss, Expenditure, Carrying charge, Bereavement, Material costs, Stripping, Disbursement, Cost-of-living index, Amount, Perdition, Charge, Payment, Despoilment, Liabilities, Outgoings, Indirect costs, Divestment, Impairment, Cost-of-living allowance, Budget items, Robbery, Cost
How to use Expense in a sentence?
- For this year, up to 17,500 investments can be released.
- Knowing the running costs of your business will tell you how much to charge to guarantee a profit.
- The company's costs exceed its revenue. Therefore, the movement confused them. They may ask for more money for the product.
- We order garments at very high prices.
- Once you decide how much it will cost to make the product, you will get the right price.
Meaning of Expense & Expense Definition