Definition of Examples:
A thing characteristic of its kind or illustrating a general rule.
A windstorm causes damages to a manufacturing plant (considered a loss) or increased revenue due to a promotional sales technique (considered a gain).
A way to illustrate or further explain a rule, concept, or definition. An example can also be one thing or instance used to represent a whole. .
Be illustrated or exemplified.
A person or thing regarded in terms of their fitness to be imitated.
Synonyms of Examples
Precedent, Lead, Guide, Model, Pattern, Blueprint, Template, Paradigm, Exemplar, Ideal, Standard, Specimen, Sample, Exemplar, Exemplification, Instance, Case, Representative case, Typical case, Case in point, Illustration
How to use Examples in a sentence?
- The examples were endless of the unexpected outcomes from unforeseen events that were substantial in their affects on our business.
- The extent of Allied naval support is exampled by the navigational specialists provided.
- I needed some more examples on how things worked in the experiment because I could not understand it by definition alone.
- It is important that parents should set an example.
- You need to know if the examples are likely to happen and if so you should be prepared to deal with them.
- Advertising provides a good example of an industry where dreams have faded.
Meaning of Examples & Examples Definition