Definition of Eutectic:
Mixture of two or more components in such proportion that their combined melting point is the lowest attainable in some cases as low as 60°C (140°F). Eutectic alloys are fusible: upon cooling they convert from liquids to intimately mixed solids.
A eutectic mixture.
Relating to or denoting a mixture of substances (in fixed proportions) that melts and solidifies at a single temperature that is lower than the melting points of the separate constituents or of any other mixture of them.
How to use Eutectic in a sentence?
- We learned what eutectic meant and that made me nervous because I hated mixing things together, cause I thought we might blow up.
- Any time that you will be working with eutectic alloys you must be sure that you know how they will react.
- The structure is illustrated in Fig.4 from the Cast Iron article which shows the structure of the phosphide eutectic, together with graphite, ferrite and pearlite.
- The eutectic mixture melts at 183°C.
- You need to be very careful any time you are working with two eutectic compounds and make sure you know how they will react.
Meaning of Eutectic & Eutectic Definition