Eutectic

Eutectic,

Definition of Eutectic:

1. Mixture of two or more components in such proportion that their combined melting point is the lowest attainable in some cases as low as 60°C (140°F). Eutectic alloys are fusible: upon cooling they convert from liquids to intimately mixed solids.

2. A eutectic mixture.

3. Relating to or denoting a mixture of substances (in fixed proportions) that melts and solidifies at a single temperature that is lower than the melting points of the separate constituents or of any other mixture of them.

How to use Eutectic in a sentence?

1. We learned what eutectic meant and that made me nervous because I hated mixing things together, cause I thought we might blow up.
  2. Any time that you will be working with eutectic alloys you must be sure that you know how they will react.
  3. The structure is illustrated in Fig.4 from the Cast Iron article which shows the structure of the phosphide eutectic, together with graphite, ferrite and pearlite.
  4. The eutectic mixture melts at 183°C.
  5. You need to be very careful any time you are working with two eutectic compounds and make sure you know how they will react.

Meaning of Eutectic & Eutectic Definition