Definition of Ethics:
The basic concepts and fundamental principles of decent human conduct. It includes study of universal values such as the essential equality of all men and women, human or natural rights, obedience to the law of land, concern for health and safety and, increasingly, also for the natural environment. See also morality.
The branch of knowledge that deals with moral principles.
Moral principles that govern a persons behavior or the conducting of an activity.
Synonyms of Ethics
Moral code, Morals, Morality, Moral stand, Moral principles, Moral values, Rights and wrongs, Principles, Ideals, Creed, Credo, Ethos, Rules of conduct, Standards, Standards of behaviour, Virtues, Dictates of conscience, Aesthetics, Allegiance, Assigned task, Axiology, Bounden duty, Burden, Business, Call of duty, Casuistry, Charge, Commitment, Cosmology, Dedication, Deference, Devoir, Devotion, Duties and responsibilities, Duty, Epistemology, Fealty, First philosophy, Gnosiology, Homage, Imperative, Line of duty, Logic, Loyalty, Mental philosophy, Metaphysics, Mission, Moral philosophy, Must, Obligation, Ontology, Onus, Ought, Phenomenology, Philosophastry, Philosophic doctrine, Philosophic system, Philosophic theory, Philosophical inquiry, Philosophical speculation, Philosophy, Place, Respect, School of philosophy, School of thought, Science of being, Self-imposed duty, Sophistry, Theory of beauty, Theory of knowledge, Value theory, Fairness, Justness, Fair play, Fair-mindedness, Equity, Equitableness, Even-handedness, Egalitarianism, Impartiality, Impartialness, Lack of bias, Objectivity, Neutrality, Disinterestedness, Lack of prejudice, Open-mindedness, Non-partisanship
How to use Ethics in a sentence?
- Medical ethics also enter into the question.
- The CEO had begun to lose sight of his ethics : he no longer cared who he hurt in order to build his riches.
- When he came to the company five years ago to lead, he wanted the ethics of the company to be self-evident in treating everyone with respect and never short-changing a client.
- Neither metaphysics nor ethics is the home of religion.
- Parents are responsible for teaching their children the difference between right and wrong and to instill these ethics early in life.
Meaning of Ethics & Ethics Definition