Definition of Ethical:
(of a medicine) legally available only on a doctors prescription and usually not advertised to the general public.
Equitable, fair, and just dealing with people that, although pragmatically flexible according to the situation and times, conforms to self-imposed high standards of public conduct. Once practically interchangeable with moral, this term has acquired quasi-legal connotations and has moved closer to legitimate following the recent (second half of the 20th century) schism between private morality and public morality.
Relating to moral principles or the branch of knowledge dealing with these.
Synonyms of Ethical
Moral, Christian, Axiological, Blameless, Clean, Conscientious, Correct, Creditable, Decent, Deferential, Duteous, Dutiful, Elevated, Erect, Estimable, Ethological, Fair, Full of integrity, Good, High-minded, High-principled, Highly respectable, Honest, Honorable, Immaculate, Inviolate, Irreproachable, Just, Law-abiding, Law-loving, Law-revering, Manly, Moral, Moralistic, Noble, Obedient, Observant, Open, Principled, Proper, Pure, Reputable, Respectable, Respectful, Right, Right-minded, Righteous, Scrupulous, Spotless, Stainless, Sterling, Straightforward, True-dealing, True-devoted, True-disposing, True-souled, True-spirited, Truehearted, Unblemished, Uncorrupt, Uncorrupted, Undefiled, Unimpeachable, Unspotted, Unstained, Unsullied, Untarnished, Upright, Uprighteous, Upstanding, Virtuous, Worthy, Yeomanly
How to use Ethical in a sentence?
- The HR rep was concerned that Merediths conduct was not ethical and may have violated the companys standards and morals.
- Ethical issues in nursing.
- He doesnt typically debate ethical dilemmas, but this one with the cancer patient and the expensive drug was an interesting one.
- All types of drugs, including ethical drugs and over-the-counter pharmaceuticals.
- Ethical treatment of animals is a very controversial issue these days because some people do not think that products should be tested on animals prior to their sale.
Meaning of Ethical & Ethical Definition