Definition of Entrepreneur:
Someone who exercises initiative by organizing a venture to take benefit of an opportunity and, as the decision maker, decides what, how, and how much of a good or service will be produced.
An entrepreneur supplies risk capital as a risk taker, and monitors and controls the business activities. The entrepreneur is usually a sole proprietor, a partner, or the one who owns the majority of shares in an incorporated venture.
According to economist Joseph Alois Schumpeter (1883-1950), entrepreneurs are not necessarily motivated by profit but regard it as a standard for measuring achievement or success. Schumpeter discovered that they greatly value self-reliance, strive for distinction through excellence, are highly optimistic (otherwise nothing would be undertaken), and always favor challenges of medium risk (neither too easy, nor ruinous).
A person who organizes and operates a business or businesses, taking on greater than normal financial risks in order to do so.
Entrepreneurs play a key role in any economy, using the skills and initiative necessary to anticipate needs and bring good new ideas to market. Entrepreneurs who prove to be successful in taking on the risks of a startup are rewarded with profits, fame, and continued growth opportunities. Those who fail, suffer losses and become less prevalent in the markets.
An entrepreneur is an individual who creates a new business, bearing most of the risks and enjoying most of the rewards. The entrepreneur is commonly seen as an innovator, a source of new ideas, goods, services, and business/or procedures.
Synonyms of Entrepreneur
Businessman, Businesswoman, Business person, Business executive, Enterpriser, Speculator, Tycoon, Magnate, A, Administrator, Architect, Backer, Banker, Baron, Big boss, Big businessman, Business leader, Businessman, Captain of industry, Contractor, Contriver, Designer, Developer, Deviser, Director, Enterpriser, Financier, Framer, Impresario, Industrialist, Interagent, Interceder, Intercessor, Intermediary, Intermediate, Intermediator, King, Little businessman, Magnate, Man of commerce, Manager, Mediator, Middleman, Organizer, Planner, Producer, Projector, Promoter, Strategian, Strategist, Tactician, Top executive, Tycoon, Undertaker
How to use Entrepreneur in a sentence?
- An entrepreneur creates a firm, which aggregates capital and labor in order to produce goods or services for profit.
- Entrepreneurship is an important driver of economic growth and innovation.
- The entrepreneur had discovered a new market for her app and through proper investment and advertising was successfully generating capital for her investors.
- A person who undertakes the risk of starting a new business venture is called and entrepreneur.
- Entrepreneurship is high-risk, but also can be high-reward as it serves to generate economic wealth, growth, and innovation.
- After a short stint as an assistant baker, he decided to become and entrepreneur and invest all of his savings into his own gourmet bakery.
- After years of working to make his emplyers rich, Ken decided he wanted to try his hand at being an entrepreneur.
- Many entrepreneurs see potential in this market.
Meaning of Entrepreneur & Entrepreneur Definition