Enterprise resource planning (ERP),
Definition of Enterprise resource planning (ERP):
Enterprise resource planning (ERP) is a process used by companies to manage and integrate the important parts of their businesses. Many ERP software applications are important to companies because they help them implement resource planning by integrating all of the processes needed to run their companies with a single system. An ERP software system can also integrate planning, purchasing inventory, sales, marketing, finance, human resources, and more.
You can think of an enterprise resource planning system as the glue that binds together the different computer systems for a large organization. Without an ERP application, each department would have its system optimized for its specific tasks. With ERP software, each department still has its system, but all of the systems can be accessed through one application with one interface.
Accounting oriented, relational database based, multi-module but integrated, software system for identifying and planning the resource needs of an enterprise. ERP provides one user-interface for the entire organization to manage product planning, materials and parts purchasing, inventory control, distribution and logistics, production scheduling, capacity utilization, order tracking, as well as planning for finance and human resources. It is an extension of the manufacturing resource planning (MRP-II). Also called enterprise requirement planning.
How to use Enterprise resource planning (ERP) in a sentence?
- An ERP system can be ineffective if a company doesn't implement it carefully.
- ERP software can integrate all of the processes needed to run a company.
- ERP solutions have evolved over the years, and many are now typically web-based applications that users can access remotely.
- The enterprise resource planning software developed by the computer programmer was also maintained as to ensure perfect reliability and functionality of the program.
- You should try to have people that are good at enterprise resource planning on your team to come up with good ideas.
- When considering open source enterprise resource planning software, you must be aware of the oft times increased complexity and purchase an adequate support level accordingly.
Meaning of Enterprise resource planning (ERP) & Enterprise resource planning (ERP) Definition