Definition of Endorse:
To back or support a plan, idea, or person. He endorsed the Democratic Presidential candidate because he agreed with his public policy views. She endorsed the project her boss proposed and pushed to get it approved by their superiors..
Sign (a check or bill of exchange) on the back to make it payable to someone other than the stated payee or to accept responsibility for paying it.
To sign a legal document, such as a check. See also endorsement and endorser.
Declare ones public approval or support of.
Synonyms of Endorse
Countersign, Sign on the back, Initial, Autograph, Put ones mark on, Inscribe, Superscribe, Uphold, Support, Defend, Maintain, Confirm, Ratify, Endorse, Approve, Approve of, Agree to, Consent to, Assent to, Sanction, OK, Abet, Accede to, Accept, Accord to, Accredit, Admire, Advocate, Affirm, Agree to, Aid and abet, Amen, Approve, Approve of, Assent, Assure, Attest, Authenticate, Authorize, Autograph, Back, Back up, Be sponsor for, Be willing, Bless, Bond, Certify, Champion, Comfort, Command, Condescend, Confirm, Connive at, Consent, Consent to silently, Cosign, Countenance, Countersecure, Countersign, Deign, Elect, Embolden, Encourage, Ensure, Esteem, Favor, Give consent, Give permission, Give the go-ahead, Give the imprimatur, Give thumbs up, Go along with, Go for, Grant, Guarantee, Guaranty, Have no objection, Hearten, Hold with, Indorse, Initial, Insure, Keep in countenance, Nod, Nod assent, Nominate, Not refuse, Notarize, Okay, Pass, Pass on, Pass upon, Permit, Ratify, Recommend, Respect, Rubber stamp, Sanction, Say amen to, Say aye, Say yes, Seal, Second, Secure, Shine upon, Sign, Sign and seal, Sign for, Smile upon, Sponsor, Stand behind, Stand by, Stand up for, Subscribe, Subscribe to, Support, Sustain, Swear and affirm, Swear to, Take kindly to, Think well of, Undersign, Underwrite, Uphold, Validate, View with favor, Visa, Vise, Vote, Vote affirmatively, Vote aye, Vouch, Warrant, Wink at, Witness, Yield assent
How to use Endorse in a sentence?
- All NASCAR drivers are endorse d by multiple companies, some notable ones being Budweiser, Lowes, Target, the Home Depot and Best Buy.
- The one great job for athletes after they retire is to endorse products, and hopefully they even like the products theyre recommending to others.
- But in many cases the payee indorses the cheque even if it is collected for his own account.
- The report was endorsed by the college.
- I suggest you endorse the check before going to the bank to have a smooth operating procedure for dealing with the bank regularly.
Meaning of Endorse & Endorse Definition