Definition of Economy:
The wealth and resources of a country or region, especially in terms of the production and consumption of goods and services.
(of a product) offering the best value for the money.
Careful management of available resources.
An entire network of producers, distributors, and consumers of goods and services in a local, regional, or national community.
Synonyms of Economy
Wealth, Resources, Financial resources, GNP, Barter economy, Brevity, Briefness, Budget, Capitalistic economy, Carefulness, Cheap, Cheeseparing, Collectivized economy, Compactness, Conciseness, Concision, Conservation, Conservatism, Consumer economy, Control, Curtness, Discretion, Diversified economy, Easy, Economic, Economic system, Economy of assumption, Economy of means, Elegance, Farm economy, Forehandedness, Free-enterprise economy, Frugal, Frugality, Gross national product, Handicraft economy, Hot economy, Husbandry, Industrial economy, Inexpensive, Laissez-faire, Law of parsimony, Local economy, Low, Low-priced, Manageable, Meanness, Mercantile economy, Miserliness, Moderate, Modest, National economy, Niggardliness, Nominal, Overheated economy, Parsimoniousness, Parsimony, Paucity, Pinching, Planned economy, Private-enterprise economy, Providence, Prudence, Reasonable, Restraint, Rural economy, Saving, Scrimping, Sensible, Shabby, Shoddy, Skimping, Socialistic economy, Sound economy, Stinginess, Stinting, Succinctness, Terseness, Thrift, Thriftiness, Token, Town economy, Unexpensive, Urban economy, Village economy, War economy, Within means, World economy, Worth the money, Thrift, Providence, Prudence, Thriftiness, Canniness, Carefulness, Care, Good management, Good husbandry, Careful budgeting, Economizing, Saving, Scrimping and saving, Scrimping, Restraint, Frugality, Fuel-saving, Abstemiousness
How to use Economy in a sentence?
- The economy may rise or fall at any time and you must keep an even keel and ride out the tough times.
- I learned about the economy in school and how money worked in the country where I live and I was really surprised.
- Even heat distribution and fuel economy.
- In 2008, the economy took a real down turn, causing the loss of jobs and money everywhere, and has yet to reach the point in where it was before.
- The slowing global economy has weakened demand for Japans high-technology exports, causing manufacturers to cut production and workers.
Meaning of Economy & Economy Definition