Definition of Dumping:
Copy (stored data) to a different location, especially so as to protect against loss.
Exporting goods at prices lower than the home-market prices. In price-to-price dumping, the exporter uses higher home-prices to supplement the reduced revenue from lower export prices. In price-cost dumping, the exporter is subsidized by the local government with duty drawbacks, cash incentives, etc. Dumping is legal under GATT (now WTO) rules unless its injurious effect on the importing countrys producers can be established. If injury is established, GATT rules allow imposition of anti-dumping duty equal to the difference between the exporters home-market price and the importers FOB price.
A site for depositing rubbish.
An act of defecation.
Deposit or dispose of (rubbish, waste, or unwanted material), typically in a careless or hurried way.
An unpleasant or dreary place.
An act of copying stored data to a different location, performed typically as a protection against loss.
Synonyms of Dumping
Refuse dump, Refuse heap, Dumping ground, Dustheap, Slag heap, Midden, Dunghill, Dung heap, Hovel, Shack, Slum, Shanty, Mess, Dispose of, Get rid of, Throw away, Throw out, Discard, Scrap, Bin, Jettison, Cast aside, Cast out, Fling out, Toss out
How to use Dumping in a sentence?
- After a set amount of time, if power is not yet restored, the system will dump data from the cache to the attached RAID systems.
- The dumping was a great strategy for the firm operating in different countries across the globe as they were able to take advantage of arbitrage as well.
- Putting a halting site beside a dump was unfair in the first place.
- You should never do any illegal dumping or if you get caught you will get a very bad reputation in your community.
- Trucks dumped 1,900 tons of refuse here.
- Attempts to track keystrokes and transfer graphics buffer memory contents are bypassed, he said, and it will be a lot more difficult to find critical data from main memory dumps.
- The sign read no dumping , so I knew we could not drop off our old couch here and leave it, because it would be violating the law.
Meaning of Dumping & Dumping Definition