Due

Due,

Definition of Due:

1. An obligatory payment; a fee.

2. (with reference to a point of the compass) exactly; directly.

3. Because of; under the circumstances. Used most often as the phrase due to to explain why something happened based on previous events or circumstances. An airline company, for example, may use the term by saying Due to severe weather conditions, all flights out of Seattle have been grounded until further notice..

4. Expected at or planned for at a certain time.

5. Of the proper quality or extent; adequate.

6. A persons right; what is owed to someone.

7. Owed at present. It is often used to denote that a deadline for a payment is at hand. For example, a mortgage payment may be due on the first of every month.

Synonyms of Due

Directly, Straight, Exactly, Precisely, Without deviating, Undeviatingly, Dead, Plumb, Squarely, Proper, Right and proper, Correct, Rightful, Fitting, Suitable, Appropriate, Apt, Adequate, Sufficient, Enough, Ample, Satisfactory, Requisite, According to Hoyle, Accountable, Accounts payable, Accounts receivable, Acknowledgment, Adequate, Alleged, Amount due, Ample, Anticipated, Appropriate, Appurtenance, Arrearage, Arrears, Ascribable, Assignable, Attributable, Attributed, Authority, Awaited, Back, Bad debts, Balanced, Barely sufficient, Bill, Bills, Birthright, Borrowing, Charged, Charges, Chits, Claim, Cognizance, Comeuppance, Coming, Coming to, Commensurate, Compensation, Competent, Condign, Conjugal right, Correct, Corresponding, Credit, Credited, Crediting, Dead, Dead ahead, Debt, Decent, Decorous, Defensible, Demand, Derivable from, Derivational, Derivative, Deserts, Deserved, Deserving, Direct, Directly, Divine right, Droit, Due north, Dueness, Dues, Earned, Enough, Entitled to, Entitlement, Equal to, Equitable, Even, Evenhanded, Expected, Explicable, Faculty, Fair, Fair and square, Financial commitment, Fit, Fitting, Floating debt, Foreseen, Forthright, Funded debt, Good, Good enough, Guerdon, Hoped-for, Imminent, Imputable, Imputed, In a beeline, In arrear, In arrears, In line with, In prospect, In view, Inalienable right, Indebtedness, Indebtment, Interest, Just, Justifiable, Justified, Kosher, Lawful, Legal, Level, Liability, Long-expected, Lust, Mature, Maturity, Meet, Meet and right, Merit, Merited, Meriting, Meritorious, Minimal, Minimum, National debt, Natural right, Need, Nice, Normal, Normative, Obligation, On the horizon, Outstanding, Outstanding debt, Overdue, Owed, Owing, Payable, Payment, Pledge, Plenty, Plenty good enough, Power, Prerogative, Prescription, Presumed, Presumptive right, Pretense, Pretension, Probable, Promised, Proper, Proper claim, Property right, Proportionate, Prospective, Public debt, Putative, Receivable, Recognition, Recompense, Recompensing, Redeemable, Referable, Referred to, Repayment, Reprisal, Requisite, Retaliation, Retribution, Revenge, Reward, Right, Right and proper, Righteous, Rightful, Rights, Satisfaction, Satisfactory, Score, Seemly, Square, Straight, Straight across, Straight ahead, Straightforward, Straightforwards, Straightly, Substantial, Sufficient, Sufficient for, Sufficing, Suitable, Title, Traceable, Uncollectibles, Undeviatingly, Unfulfilled pledge, Unpaid, Unsettled, Unswervingly, Unveeringly, Up to, Vengeance, Vested interest, Vested right, Warrantable, Warranted, What is owing, Worthy of, Expected, Required, Awaited, Anticipated, Scheduled for, Fee, Membership fee, Subscription, Charge, Toll, Levy, Rightful treatment, Fair treatment, Deserved fate, Just punishment

How to use Due in a sentence?

1. Well head due south again on the same road.
  2. The man came to shut off my electric service today, but I met him outside with my bill to show him that I have until next Tuesday to pay because that is when is due .
  3. He had paid union dues for years.
  4. It was difficult for Susan to face the beginning of each month because the rent was always due and she still hadnt found a job.
  5. I didnt even realize that my rent was due today, so I hurried to the bank to take out some money to give to the landlord.
  6. He attracts more criticism than is his due.
  7. The babys due in August.
  8. Driving without due care and attention.

Meaning of Due & Due Definition