Definition of Dualism:
The division of something conceptually into two opposed or contrasted aspects, or the state of being so divided.
Simplistic concept that all issues can be divided into either/or states such as good/bad, right/wrong, determinable/indeterminable. Dualism does not recognize a continuum of values (a stretch of varying shades of gray between black and white at either ends) and cannot explain complexity.
The quality or condition of being dual; duality.
Synonyms of Dualism
Doubleness, Dualism, Duplexity, Ambivalence, Janus, Acosmism, Allotheism, Ambiguity, Ambivalence, Anthropolatry, Anthropomorphism, Anthropotheism, Autotheism, Biformity, Bifurcation, Conjugation, Cosmotheism, Deism, Dichotomy, Ditheism, Doubleness, Doublethink, Doubling, Duality, Duplexity, Duplication, Duplicity, Dyotheism, Equivocality, Halving, Henotheism, Hylotheism, Irony, Monolatry, Monotheism, Multitheism, Myriotheism, Pairing, Pantheism, Physicomorphism, Physitheism, Pluralism, Polarity, Polytheism, Psychotheism, Tetratheism, Theism, Theopantism, Theriotheism, Tritheism, Twinning, Two-facedness, Twoness, Zootheism
How to use Dualism in a sentence?
- When a pro baseball team hires a talented person that puts up good stats, but has bad character flaws, that presents the team with dualism .
- Many philosophers recognize the mind body dualism that exists where we think we are separate from this body but we are forever intertwined.
- As scenes in the fast moving episodes unfold, the music reconciles difference and similarity; it suggests dualism and unexplored complexity.
- A dualism between man and nature.
- Over here on the floor we need a bin for good and bad eggs, so as you separate those that come down the belt, the dualism of this task makes for rather efficient work.
Meaning of Dualism & Dualism Definition