Drawer

Drawer,

Definition of Drawer:

1. A person who produces a drawing or design.

2. Underpants.

3. Maker or writer of a bill of exchange (check, draft, letter of credit, etc.) who directs the drawee (such as a bank) to pay the stated amount to a third party (the payee). In documentary credit, the drawer is the beneficiary of a letter of credit. Also called writer.

4. A box-shaped storage compartment without a lid, made to slide horizontally in and out of a desk, chest, or other piece of furniture.

Synonyms of Drawer

Architectural draftsman, Archives, Armory, Arsenal, Attic, Bank, Basement, Bay, Bin, Bonded warehouse, Bookcase, Box, Bunker, Buttery, Cargo dock, Caricaturist, Cartoonist, Cellar, Chest, Closet, Conservatory, Crate, Crayonist, Crib, Cupboard, Delineator, Depository, Depot, Dock, Draftsman, Dump, Exchequer, Glory hole, Godown, Hold, Hutch, Library, Locker, Lumber room, Lumberyard, Magasin, Magazine, Pastelist, Rack, Repertory, Repository, Reservoir, Rick, Shelf, Stack, Stack room, Stock room, Storage, Store, Storehouse, Storeroom, Supply base, Supply depot, Tank, Treasure house, Treasure room, Treasury, Vat, Vault, Warehouse, Wine cellar

How to use Drawer in a sentence?

1. When writing up an important document it is important that the drawer fully understands everything that is in the new deal.
  2. I opened the drawer only to find that my keys were gone and my teenage son had taken the car out again without permission.
  3. For work, one of the chests ten drawers served as a desk.
  4. When you are doing a big deal you need to have someone you trust be the drawer of the bill so you know it is correct.
  5. Queen Victoria was notoriously careless with her drawers.
  6. The fact that these three are expert drawers and painters doesnt hurt either.

Meaning of Drawer & Drawer Definition