Downtime

Downtime,

Definition of Downtime:

1. Time during which a machine, especially a computer, is out of action or unavailable for use.

2. Period during which an equipment or machine is not functional or cannot work. It may be due to technical failure, machine adjustment, maintenance, or non-availability of inputs such as materials, labor, power. Average downtime is usually built into the price of goods produced, to recover its cost from the sales revenue. Opposite of uptime. Also called waiting time.

Synonyms of Downtime

Interval, Interlude, Entracte, Break, Recess, Pause, Rest, Respite, Breathing space, Lull, Gap, Stop, Stoppage, Halt, Break, Breath, Breather, Breathing place, Breathing space, Breathing spell, Breathing time, Cigarette break, Cocktail hour, Coffee break, Enforced respite, Half time, Half-time intermission, Halt, Happy hour, Holiday, Interim, Interlude, Intermezzo, Intermission, Intermittence, Interregnum, Interruption, Interval, Letup, Lull, Off-time, Pause, Plateau, Point of repose, Quiet spell, Recess, Relief, Respite, Rest, Resting point, Spell, Stay, Surcease, Suspension, Tea break, Time off, Time out, Vacation

How to use Downtime in a sentence?

1. During the press machine downtime , employees are expected to find other tasks to keep themselves busy; and not loitering around the plant.
  2. You should try to figure out something productive to do in your downtime even if it is not all that profitable.
  3. This self-study course is ideal for any home computer user, students in grades 8 and up or any business person who wants to make sure that the down time for their computers is kept at a minimum.
  4. In my downtime , I like to relax and hang out with my dog and also hang out with my friends.

Meaning of Downtime & Downtime Definition