Dodge Journey: Oil Change Light Reset
- Turn the ignition to the ON / OFF position. Do not start the engine.
- Slowly depress the accelerator pedal three times with an interval of 10 seconds.
- Turn the ignition OFF / LOCK.
- Rotate contact to rotate (second position)
- Slowly and fully depress the throttle three times within 10 seconds.
- Turn off the ignition.
- Then turn the ignition to RUN or start the engine to see if the oil life has been reset.
Fully depress the accelerator pedal for 10 seconds. At this point the engine light should flash slowly to indicate that the ECU memory has been cleared. 8. Release the accelerator pedal and turn off the ignition.
Switch on the ignition and wait 3 seconds. Immediately after the 3 seconds, the accelerator pedal must be pressed and released 5 times within 5 seconds. Wait 7 seconds, then fully depress and hold the accelerator pedal for approximately 20 seconds until the engine light stops flashing and stays on.
Reset your Android phone from the settings menu
- In the Settings menu, find Backup and reset, then tap Factory data reset and reset phone.
- You will be asked to enter your password and then to delete everything.
- When done, choose the option to restart your phone.
- Then you can recover the data from your phone.
The traditional rule of thumb is that engine oil should be changed every 3,000 miles to keep the engine cool and extend its life.
Use the up / down buttons on the left side of the steering wheel to scroll the dashboard. When accessing vehicle information, use the middle button to select and scroll up / down again until the remaining oil life information is displayed.
Insert the key into the ignition and turn it to position II just before starting the engine. Wait for the flashing light of the OBD scan utility to go off. Look at the dashboard above the steering column to see that the lights are also off.
2016 2017 Dodge Journey Oil Change Light Reset Procedure
- 1Turn the ignition (second position) Add advice Ask questions Note Download.
- 2 Slowly and fully depress the accelerator pedal three times within 10 seconds. Add suggestions Ask questions Download comment.
- 3Turn off the ignition.
- 4 Turn the ignition switch to RUN or start the engine to see if oil life has been restored.
How to reset the check engine light on a 1500 RAM