Documentation

Documentation,

Definition of Documentation:

1. Trading: Preparation of a set of commercial and financial documents that record or support a business transaction. International trade documentations include air waybill, bill of exchange, bill of lading, certificate of inspection, certificate of insurance, certificate of origin, commercial invoice, and consular invoice.

2. Material that provides official information or evidence or that serves as a record.

3. The process of classifying and annotating texts, photographs, etc.

4. Technical: Manuals, instructions, tutorials, procedures, specifications, etc., that accompany a piece of equipment or software, and provide guidance for its proper use and maintenance.

Synonyms of Documentation

Account, Affirmation, Annals, Attestation, Authentication, Backing, Backing up, Basis for belief, Bearing out, Body of evidence, Bolstering, Buttressing, Catalog, Certification, Chain of evidence, Chronicle, Circumstantiation, Clue, Confirmation, Correspondence, Corroboration, Corroboratory evidence, Data, Datum, Evidence, Exhibit, Fact, Facts, Fortification, Grounds, Grounds for belief, History, Indication, Inventory, Item of evidence, Letters, List, Manifestation, Mark, Material grounds, Memorial, Muniments, Mute witness, Piece of evidence, Pipe roll, Premises, Proof, Proving, Proving out, Ratification, Reason to believe, Record, Recording, Register, Registry, Reinforcement, Relevant fact, Relic, Remains, Roll, Rolls, Roster, Rota, Scroll, Sign, Strengthening, Substantiation, Support, Supporting evidence, Symptom, Table, Token, Trace, Undergirding, Validation, Verification, Vestige, Official paper, Legal paper, Paper, Form, Certificate, Deed, Charter, Contract, Legal agreement

How to use Documentation in a sentence?

1. You should always keep good documentation of your transactions so you can keep good records of all of your finances.
  2. She arranged the collection and documentation of photographs.
  3. You will have to complete the relevant documentation.
  4. The store claimed that I never bought the item, but I showed them the documentation that showed what I bought.
  5. We referenced the documentation to finish the project. Fortunately every question we had was answerable by the rarely used documentation .

Meaning of Documentation & Documentation Definition