Definition of Disruptive technology:
Recent disruptive technology examples include e-commerce, online news sites, ride-sharing apps, and GPS systems.
Disruptive technology is an innovation that significantly alters the way that consumers, industries, or businesses operate. A disruptive technology sweeps away the systems or habits it replaces because it has attributes that are recognizably superior.
New ways of doing things that disrupt or overturn the traditional business methods and practices. For example, steam engine in the age of sail, and internet in the age of post office mail.
How to use Disruptive technology in a sentence?
- Upstarts rather than established companies are the usual source of disruptive technologies.
- A disruptive technology supersedes an older process, product, or habit.
- There was a lot of disruptive technology put into the mix and it made things run a lot slower than usual at the company.
- You need to know if you have any disruptive technology on hand and be sure to not let it get out of control.
- You may want to try to limit the disruptive technology that is present in your workplace so that your workers can focus.
- It usually has superior attributes that are immediately obvious, at least to early adopters.
Meaning of Disruptive technology & Disruptive technology Definition