Definition of Disbursement:
Payment by an agent or professional on behalf of a principal or client who is presented with a bill for its reimbursement.
A disbursement is the actual delivery of funds from a bank account or other funds. It is a payment made by a company in cash or cash equivalents during a set time period, such as a quarter or year. A bookkeeper records the transactions and posts them to ledgers, such as the general ledger and accounts payable ledger.
Payment or outlay by cash, check, or voucher.
The payment of money from a fund.
Disbursement is the act of paying out or disbursing money. Examples of disbursements include money paid out to run a business, cash expenditures, dividend payments, or the amounts that a lawyer might have to pay out on a person's behalf in connection with a transaction. Disbursing money is part of cash flow. If cash flow is negative, meaning that disbursements are higher than revenues, it can be an early warning of potential insolvency.
Synonyms of Disbursement
Payment, Disbursal, Paying out, Laying out, Spending, Expending, Expenditure, Disposal, Outlay, Doling out, Handing out, Parting with, Donation, Giving
How to use Disbursement in a sentence?
- They established a committee to supervise the disbursement of aid.
- Examples of disbursements include money paid for expenses, cash expenditures, or dividend payments.
- A disbursement is an act of paying out money and includes the actual delivery of funds from a bank account or other funds.
- I was issued a disbursement notice from my job which meant I could not return and would be fired immediately.
- The cash disbursement was a sought after for an extremely long time. We were glad to have finally received it.
- When you receive a disbursement for a purchase you must be sure to get the product out in a timely fashion.
Meaning of Disbursement & Disbursement Definition