Direct mail

Direct mail,

Definition of Direct mail:

1. Direct Mail is a form of advertising relying on the postal service to deliver advertising materials directly to consumers.

2. Direct marketing method in which carefully targeted prospects (chosen on the basis of age, income, location, profession, buying pattern, etc.) are presented with custom tailored offers for goods or services via ordinary mail or email. Marketing firms usually rent lists of prospects from mailing list compiling firms who maintain a large inventory of names and addresses of prospects, divided into hundreds of categories and sub-categories.

3. Unsolicited advertising sent to prospective customers through the mail.

4. Direct Mail is a strategy of sending advertising mail, such as pre-approved credit card applications, directly to potential consumers based on demographic information.

Synonyms of Direct mail

Letters, Cards, Correspondence

How to use Direct mail in a sentence?

1. Some charities depend on direct mail to get support.
  2. After living at the same address for more than 20 years, I looked forward to my move to a new state so that I would no longer receive the vast volume of direct mail flyers and other junk mail.
  3. The direct mail campaign was effective in reaching our goals that were clearly laid out by the marketing manager last week.
  4. The company wanted to find new customers, but its generic advertisements were not being effective, so they decided to use direct mail , in order to better reach people.

Meaning of Direct mail & Direct mail Definition