Detergent

Detergent,

Definition of Detergent:

1. Cleaning agent that helps to remove dirt and grease from porous surfaces (such as fabrics, clothes, non-treated wood) and/or non-porous surfaces (such as metals, plastics, treated wood). All detergents are made principally of soaps or surfactants.

2. Relating to detergent compounds or their action.

3. A water-soluble cleansing agent which combines with impurities and dirt to make them more soluble, and differs from soap in not forming a scum with the salts in hard water.

Synonyms of Detergent

Cleaner, Cleanser, Cleaning, Cleansing, Abstergent, Cathartic, Cleaner, Cleaning, Cleaning agent, Cleaning solvent, Cleanser, Cleansing, Cleansing cream, Cold cream, Cream, Dentifrice, Depurant, Depurative, Diuretic, Emetic, Enema, Expurgatory, Holystone, Lotion, Lustral, Mouthwash, Nauseant, Pumice stone, Purgative, Purge, Purging, Purificatory, Purifier, Purifying, Rinse, Shampoo, Soap, Solvent, Surfactant, Synthetic detergent, Tooth powder, Toothpaste, Wash, Washing

How to use Detergent in a sentence?

1. I will add laundry detergent to the washing machine to be sure I have clean clothes for my entire family.
  2. Liquid detergents.
  3. You must make sure to use a good detergent when cleaning out areas of your factory so you know the job is done right.
  4. I was ready to go with my friends, but I had to out some dish detergent in the washing machine, so I would have dishes for dinner.
  5. Staining that resists detergent action.

Meaning of Detergent & Detergent Definition