Definition of Despatch:
The sending of goods to a customer.
The sending of someone or something to a destination or for a purpose.
An official report on state or military affairs.
Deal with (a task or opponent) quickly and efficiently.
Send off to a destination or for a purpose.
The killing of someone or something.
Synonyms of Despatch
Deal with, Finish, Dispose of, Conclude, Settle, Sort out, Discharge, Execute, Perform, Communication, Communiqué, Bulletin, Release, Report, Account, Announcement, Statement, Missive, Letter, Epistle, Message, Instruction, Send, Send off, Mail, Ship, Freight, Sending, Mailing, Shipping, Transmittal, Consignment, Killing, Slaughter, Massacre, Destruction, Extermination, Elimination, Liquidation
How to use Despatch in a sentence?
- The executioners merciful dispatch of his victims.
- The Welsh team were dispatched comfortably by the opposition.
- A resolution authorizing the dispatch of a peacekeeping force.
- In his battle dispatch he described the gunners bravery.
- He dispatched messages back to base.
Meaning of Despatch & Despatch Definition