Description

Description,

Definition of Description:

1. A spoken or written representation or account of a person, object, or event.

2. A detailed account of the certain or salient aspects, characteristics, or features of a subject matter or something seen, heard, or otherwise experienced or known. See also definition and explanation.

3. A sort, kind, or class of people or things.

Synonyms of Description

Account, Explanation, Elucidation, Illustration, Representation, Interpretation, Sort, Variety, Kind, Style, Type, Category, Order, Breed, Species, Class, Designation, Specification, Genre, Genus, Brand, Make, Character, Ilk, Kidney, Grain, Stamp, Mould, Account, Anecdote, Blood, Brand, Breed, Cast, Category, Character, Characterization, Chronicle, Clan, Class, Color, Commentary, Construction, Definition, Delineation, Denomination, Depiction, Designation, Diagnosis, Differentiation, Distinction, Explanation, Feather, Form, Genre, Genus, Grain, History, Ilk, Interpretation, Kidney, Kin, Kind, Label, Line, Lot, Make, Manner, Mark, Meaning, Memoir, Mold, Narration, Narrative, Nature, Number, Persuasion, Phylum, Picture, Portrait, Portraiture, Portrayal, Presentment, Race, Reading, Recital, Record, Recountal, Recounting, Report, Representation, Shape, Sort, Species, Stamp, Statement, Story, Strain, Stripe, Style, Tale, The like of, The likes of, Thumbnail sketch, Tribe, Type, Variety, Version, Way of seeing, Yarn

How to use Description in a sentence?

1. Ships of every description.
  2. I was really excited about my upcoming job interview because I read in the job description that the person hired would work nights.
  3. Doctors are often in a hurry because many take on too many patients each day, but it is still important to pause and give the patient a clear description of the problem and its solution.
  4. People who had seen him were able to give a description.
  5. I told the marketing intern to change the product description in the sales brochure, because I felt it didn�t mention any of the new features.

Meaning of Description & Description Definition