| Delete a scene
- Log into the Xfinity Home app.
- On the presentation screen, tap the automation icon (colon arrow).
- Tap the three points in the scene you want to delete.
- Tap the trash can icon.
Clear the history of the last visit
- Press the last button on the remote control.
- Use the left or right arrow keys on the remote to highlight a channel or program and press the D button (the green diamond-shaped button at the bottom of the remote).
- To delete that particular channel / program, highlight this channel only and press OK.
At the top right of the camera screen, tap the three dots. On the Camera Settings screen, tap Remove Camera.
If you have Xfinity Home, you can use the touchscreen to remove a camera.
Xfinity does not have this information. They only offer an internet connection. Your browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, etc.) is your choice and will save your history. You need to check your browser settings.
Watch the shows you have recently recorded
- Press the xfinity button on the remote.
- Select Saved from the main menu.
- The latest recordings are listed under For you under Newly Recorded. Programs that you have watched or partially watched are shown in Recently viewed.
If you stopped in the middle of a recently watched program, you can pick up where you left off by clicking on it and selecting Play on any device. You can delete a recently defined title by clicking on the title and choosing Delete.
Select Account from the drop-down menu. Go to My Profile> View Activity. You will see a list of all the programs you have seen. To remove a show or movie from the list, click the X next to the series name.
Log into your Netflix account, hover your mouse over your profile icon and click on your account. In the My Profile section, click View Activity. Here you can delete all the programs you have seen so far and, if you wish, delete an entire series from your story.
With the remote:
Scroll to My profile and press Show activity. You should see a list of all the movies and TV shows you’ve seen in chronological order. Click the X button to remove a specific app from all your devices.
In short, the answer is yes, you can see which websites I am visiting over WiFi. However, you can see the IP addresses and URLs of the websites you have visited. This is the information you need to view the content you are visiting.
There is no direct way to access other people’s search history, even if they are logged into their home router. However, you can configure your router to save a user’s browsing history.
Here are the facts: Comcast does not track our customers’ browsing software, browsing, or online history. We respect the privacy and security of our customers and will only investigate and share certain customer account information with a valid court order or other appropriate legal process, just like other ISPs do.
Browsing history and buffering
Comcast announced today that it has no plans to sell its personalized browsing stories to customers, but Comcast may still run personalized ads based on customers’ browsing history. Comcast, the nation’s largest Internet service provider, said it will continue to offer its customers the option to opt out of targeted advertising.
If you have a compatible Xfinity camera, you can enable audio playback via the Xfinity Home app. Learn more about microphone and camera privacy.