Definition of Dealer:
The player who distributes the cards at the start of a game or hand.
Dealers are important figures in the market. They make markets in securities, underwrite securities, and provide investment services to investors. That means dealers are the market makers who provide the bid and ask quotes you see when you look up the price of a security in the over-the-counter market. They also help create liquidity in the markets and boost long-term growth.
Individual or firm that buys goods from a producer or distributor for wholesale and/or retail reselling. Unlike a distributor, a dealer is a principal and not an agent.
A person or business that buys and sells goods.
Dealers are people or firms who buy and sell securities for their own account, whether through a broker or otherwise. A dealer acts as a principal in trading for its own account, as opposed to a broker who acts as an agent who executes orders on behalf of its clients.
Synonyms of Dealer
Mafioso, Wall Streeter, Agent, Black marketeer, Bond crowd, Bootlegger, Broker, Businessman, Businesswoman, Chandler, Curb broker, Distributor, Drug pusher, Floor broker, Floor trader, Floorman, Gray marketeer, Importer, Jobber, Marketer, Merchandiser, Merchant, Middleman, Monger, Moonshiner, Odd-lot dealer, Pit man, Pusher, Racketeer, Registered representative, Regrater, Retail dealer, Retail merchant, Retailer, Salesman, Sharebroker, Shopkeeper, Specialist, Stock dealer, Stock-exchange broker, Stockbroker, Stockjobber, Storekeeper, Supplier, Trader, Tradesman, Tradeswoman, Trafficker, Two-dollar broker, Vendor, Wholesaler, Trader, Tradesman, Tradesperson, Merchant, Salesman, Saleswoman, Salesperson, Seller, Buyer, Buyer and seller, Marketeer, Merchandiser, Distributor, Supplier, Vendor, Shopkeeper, Retailer, Wholesaler, Purveyor, Marketer, Trafficker, Pedlar, Hawker
How to use Dealer in a sentence?
- A car dealer.
- They arrested the dealer that day and he went to jail and we didnt know if he would ever see the light of day again.
- You need to have a good relationship with the dealer so that they will let you know when good deals are around.
- My used-car dealer sold me a lemon that is now being repaired for twice the cost of the junk car.
- At the beginning of the game, the dealer deals to each player until the deck is exhausted.
- Dealers must be registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission and must comply with all state requirements before they can begin working.
- Dealers are different from traders and brokers—the former buys and sells for his or her own account, while the latter does not trade for its portfolio.
- Dealers are important figures in the market as they are market makers, create liquidity, and help promote long-term growth in the market.
- Dealers buy and sell securities for their own account.
Meaning of Dealer & Dealer Definition